C++ Programmer Cost

Discuss other programming languages besides AutoHotkey
uTed

C++ Programmer Cost

Post by uTed » 13 Jun 2019, 08:03

Hello all,

Moderators, I'm not spamming whatsoever, I used AHK ages ago, around Titan's times. I just need some input from people those with more knowledge on this.

Not a coder here, I just have a software idea that I'm thanking of hiring a professional C++ programmer to do.
A professional coder told me it's something that would take him around 100 hours to finish.
Coder doesn't have to work in an office, online work is OK with me.
Are you a professional C++ coder? How much would you charge? How about maintaining the application after it has been released etc.

Thank you for taking the time

SOTE

Re: C++ Programmer Cost

Post by SOTE » 14 Jun 2019, 21:01

I don't think this is the best place to specifically find professional C++ coders or get bids from them. You might want to try the websites Freelancer or Upwork.

Many people likely use AutoHotkey as their 1st, only, or most used programming language. If they know multiple languages, C++ might not be what they use, but rather languages like JavaScript, Python, Pascal, etc... People with stronger skills in C++ would probably be developers and contributors to the source code, but it's unknown if they code with it professionally.

Lastly, do you really need a C++ coder? Maybe it's possible to write the software in the AutoHotkey language. You might want to think up specifics, and post your job here (if it can be coded in AutoHotkey)- https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=61397

nnnik

Post by nnnik » 16 Jun 2019, 12:01

I think that this might be the wrong place to ask.
The most commonly used language in the world right now is Java and you might be better off writing in it instead. C# could also be an option.
- as Java developers are incredibly common.
Most users that pick up ahk and continue with it become fully fledged programmers that know many languages.
You might not reach out them like this.
Recommends AHK Studio

Jinx13

Post by Jinx13 » 07 Sep 2022, 02:47

Very interesting information, thank you, very helpful)

Return to “Other Programming Languages”