v2 forum search wishes

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
neogna2

v2 forum search wishes

Post by neogna2 » 02 Dec 2021, 09:45

Some wishes for easier searching in only AHK v2 topics.

Add a "v2 only" checkbox next to the searchbox at the top of the forum pages.

Add a similar checkbox on the advanced search. Searching with the checkbox checked should show the same results as when selecting only the v2 subforums in the advanced search list.

Maybe also add a special string to all v2 subforum pages, e.g. "AHKv2", in the hope that googling with that string will show better v2 results. Because currently google results for only site:autohotkey.com "v2" something seems to also result in hits in v1 forum pages, even some that don't mention v2 at all. How much that happens varies I think but there is a general issue with google relaxing the old search syntax rule that results must contain search terms enclosed in quotes. But adding a more unique string to v2 subforum pages might help.

Longer term wish would be some smart way to re-organize the forum when v2 comes out of beta and more and more old and new users primarily use v2 rather than v1.

joedf

Re: v2 forum search wishes

Post by joedf » 02 Dec 2021, 10:04

@neogna2 Hi there, for You could Ctrl+click all the V2 topics in the list and enter your search as per usual. :thumbup:
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]

Return to “Forum Issues”