Youtube Handles in Profile

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
lmstearn

Youtube Handles in Profile

Post by lmstearn » 28 Jan 2023, 03:29

The @ sign as a consequence of the recent youtube handles policy does not play nice in the Youtube box in the Edit Profile section:
The field “YouTube” has invalid characters, only alphanumeric or _,-. characters are allowed and the first character must be alphabetic.
Thanks.
:arrow: itros "ylbbub eht tuO kaerB" a ni kcuts m'I pleH

joedf

Re: Youtube Handles in Profile

Post by joedf » 28 Jan 2023, 13:16

So it states that the handle itself cannot contain the @ character. I don't believe the @ should be included in the profile. It would be just noise. As for the youtube links it serves a purpose of indicating its a handle for redirection.

Unless, I read that wrong... Are you sure the @ should be included here? :think:
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]

lmstearn

Post by lmstearn » 28 Jan 2023, 22:05

+Oh, okay, so it turns out Chrome accepts both https://www.youtube.com/username and https://www.youtube.com/@username for the channel, so got blinded by the noise. :P
And yes, it looks as if it's just the username and not the url in the Youtube field, interesting that the Google box accepts the + though. :)
:arrow: itros "ylbbub eht tuO kaerB" a ni kcuts m'I pleH

joedf

Post by joedf » 28 Jan 2023, 23:00

Yeah, the + is considered within the single text field character set. .... but google plus is discontinued ... so maybe it should removed altogether... :think:
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]

Return to “Forum Issues”