Can't embed youtube link - Broken link for safety

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
Epishade

Can't embed youtube link - Broken link for safety

Post by Epishade » 07 Sep 2020, 14:42

Hello. I don't post here very often. I made a post a few years ago sharing some code. I have some more code that I'd like to share now though and I made a youtube video to demonstrate its usage, but whenever I attempt to make the post my link gets broken up. Is this because of my low post count? If so, can an exception possibly be made for me? I'd like to include the embedded video as it demonstrates how my code is to be used and its functionality. I can send the youtube video I made too for review if there's any worry about it.

Thanks for any response!

gregster

Re: Can't embed youtube link - Broken link for safety

Post by gregster » 07 Sep 2020, 14:54

Welcome back!
Epishade wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 14:42
I made a youtube video to demonstrate its usage, but whenever I attempt to make the post my link gets broken up. Is this because of my low post count?
Yes, that's the case. New users and users with low post counts are generally subject to certain posting restrictions.
Epishade wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 14:42
If so, can an exception possibly be made for me? I'd like to include the embedded video as it demonstrates how my code is to be used and its functionality. I can send the youtube video I made too for review if there's any worry about it.
You can simply post the link in your topic - and then any friendly staff member can fix it for you. If no one discovers it by themselves after a little time - simply make another post here in this topic, with a link to your post with the broken link. That should get some attention - but please be patient, if it should take a few hours.
(Ideally you would create a separate post for the video that you don't have/plan to edit anymore - because that would break the link again.)

Feel also free to mention me - @gregster - to get my attention, but there is also a number of other team members that can help you just the same.

Epishade

Post by Epishade » 07 Sep 2020, 16:42

Thanks for the reply @gregster

I went ahead and made the post.
https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=80747

Thanks for the fix in advance!

gregster

Post by gregster » 07 Sep 2020, 16:58

Epishade wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 16:42
I went ahead and made the post.
https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=80747

Thanks for the fix in advance!
Alright, it's fixed. You are welcome!

But like I said, editing of that first post (by you) will break the youtube link again (until you reach a certain post threshold).
It could make sense to put the video (additionally) into its own post, if you plan to edit your original post (updates, corrections, and so on). Ideally, before you get responses, so that it stays near to the top of the topic. If you don't have plans to edit the original post, it should be ok like this. You can still post again here, if another fix should be necessary ;)

Btw, thank you for your contribution. Clipboard scripts are often popular and youtube videos that demonstrate how to use it, are certainly helpful.

Epishade

Post by Epishade » 07 Sep 2020, 17:10

Ah ok, I see what you mean now. Hopefully I won't have to edit it then, but I made a reserved post right below the main one now. If I do have to edit it in the future I'll move the video down to the reserved post and let a moderator know then. Thanks!

gregster

Post by gregster » 07 Sep 2020, 17:11

Very good :thumbup:

Return to “Forum Issues”