GitHub username check fautly

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
Phoenix IV

GitHub username check fautly

Post by Phoenix IV » 29 Dec 2020, 06:05

Hi,

I just registered. The registration came up with the warning
The field “GitHub” has invalid characters, only alphanumeric characters are allowed.
for the username Phoenix-IV (valid; https://github.com/phoenix-iv).

HOWEVER this saved me from forgetting that my username over there is PhoenixIV without the dash, so happy about that :D :facepalm:

Phoenix IV

Re: GitHub username check fautly

Post by Phoenix IV » 29 Dec 2020, 06:19

Where do I edit my username post-registration?

I searched my profile preferences but did not find the fields for google, facebook and github.

gregster

Post by gregster » 29 Dec 2020, 06:43

I think you can't do it yourself while you are still a new user - iirc we had a similar case a few months ago. It is probably assumed that changing these fields very soon after registration is suspicious. We have to deal with a lot crafty spammers, so we apply a whole arsenal of countermeasures. Not for fun, but because it proved necessary. Certain limitations for new users are an important part of that. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I guess, you will have to wait for an admin - but these fields of your account are empty now? You should probably leave the correct info here, if you want it changed, and to speed up the process.

As a regular user, you should find the fields for google, facebook and github here: https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
A change of the forum username might also require an admin for normal users, not sure. These things don't get requested much.

joedf

Post by joedf » 29 Dec 2020, 19:29

You can send me an email or pm (if possible) and I can change your username/email/etc. for you. :+1:
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]

Phoenix IV

Post by Phoenix IV » 04 Jan 2021, 13:48

Thank you very much, @gregster and @joedf
My GitHub username is PhoenixIV, you can add it if you like!

Whoopsie; I marked the topic as solved via that nice spam explanation, but forgot that the "issue" (Could not use a GitHub name with a dash - in it) might still be coded into the forum.

joedf

Post by joedf » 05 Jan 2021, 13:30

Thanks for the notice. I have updated your account and now the github field has been changed to allow "Alphanumeric with comma, dots, underscore and dashes beginning with a letter".
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]

Return to “Forum Issues”