TypingAid v2.22.0 - Word AutoCompletion Utility

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
Etrit

Substings not to learn --Question

Post by Etrit » 26 Jan 2023, 19:06

So, say if we don't want it to learn passwords, can we say make all passwords start with a specific symbol and just add that symbol to that setting?

Or, probably more likely, a set of symbols or even a string that is like "!e"

The chances of EVER needing to write anything that is !e is pretty much non existent, so therefor it should be safe to use in ALL passwords and TypingAid will never remember anything that starts with !e correct?

Side note, I just started using TypingAid and already love it!

I just downloaded the Exe version from the Github webpage and it is just working out of the box!

I do wish that the box would be placed based on where the text cursor is and not the mouse cursor though.

Etrit

Is there a way to change the wieght of words in a wordlist?

Post by Etrit » 26 Jan 2023, 19:41

I downloaded the wordlist as weighted by GoogleBooks but don't like how it weights some words. I use some words a lot more often then other people do and would rather have those words show up at the top of the window.

I've looked at the Github website and can't find anything about it.

Also, is there an easy way to say; remove words under X amount from a wordlist? Ergo, I set it to only suggest words after I've typed four letters, it would be nice to have it only show 5 letter or more words

I well, I guess I could probably do this manually with Excel somehow. hrm.

Thanks! :-)

Etrit

Re: Substings not to learn --Question

Post by Etrit » 26 Jan 2023, 20:03

While I'm at it, how does one get it to NOT remember strings of numbers?

Ergo, like credit card numbers?

Or does it by default, not remember strings of numbers?

Maniac

Post by Maniac » 27 Jan 2023, 09:49

Etrit wrote:
26 Jan 2023, 19:06
So, say if we don't want it to learn passwords, can we say make all passwords start with a specific symbol and just add that symbol to that setting?
Right, that should work fine.
I do wish that the box would be placed based on where the text cursor is and not the mouse cursor though.
That's a limitation of the application you are typing it. It's not reporting its caret position to Windows. Granted, the version of AHK in TypingAid is really old, not sure if there's been any improvements on that front.

Maniac

Re: Is there a way to change the wieght of words in a wordlist?

Post by Maniac » 27 Jan 2023, 09:51

Etrit wrote:
26 Jan 2023, 19:41
Also, is there an easy way to say; remove words under X amount from a wordlist? Ergo, I set it to only suggest words after I've typed four letters, it would be nice to have it only show 5 letter or more words
Ah yeah at 4 letters it shows 4 letter or more words, right? There's not built in. Personally I'd just write a loop that removes anything under 5 letters from the list.

Maniac

Post by Maniac » 27 Jan 2023, 09:56

Etrit wrote:
26 Jan 2023, 20:03
While I'm at it, how does one get it to NOT remember strings of numbers?

Ergo, like credit card numbers?

Or does it by default, not remember strings of numbers?
It won't learn strings of numbers:

;if Word does not contain at least one alpha character, skip out.
IfEqual, A_IsUnicode, 1
{
if ( RegExMatch(Word, "S)\pL") = 0 )
{
return
}
} else if ( RegExMatch(Word, "S)[a-zA-Zà-öø-ÿÀ-ÖØ-ß]") = 0 )
{
Return
}

Judykator

Re: TypingAid v2.22.0 - Word AutoCompletion Utility

Post by Judykator » 05 Mar 2023, 02:34

Is there any way to reset the number of times a phrase has been used? This then sets the display order. Deleting the WordlistLearned file did not help. The program remembered those numbers somewhere anyway.

Maniac

Post by Maniac » 09 Mar 2023, 15:54

@Judykator you can delete the WordlistLearned.db file and reorganize/delete the Wordlistlearned.txt file in the order you want. Then the words will be in the order you expect.

Also, anything in Wordlist.txt will be come before WordlistLearned and will NOT ever change in order.

Judykator

Post by Judykator » 14 Mar 2023, 14:09

Thanks

Raghava Doregowda

Post by Raghava Doregowda » 07 Jun 2023, 03:28

Not sure why but the dictionary wordlist (Wordlist.txt) isn't being read and therefore it's only "learning" words by what I type. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Maniac

Post by Maniac » 07 Jun 2023, 07:18

@Raghava Doregowda I'm not sure, what should be happening is the wordlist.txt file should be have it's size and date compared to the last time it was read, then update the wordlistlearned.db based on that. Can you try modifying wordlist.txt to see if doing so causes it to be reloaded?

Did you maybe increase LearnedWordsCount (number of times to type a word to learn it) since the last time you modified wordlist.txt?

Shawnny Canuck

Post by Shawnny Canuck » 15 Aug 2023, 12:38

This script/program is exactly what I have been looking for. However, I am curious when using the word replacements <word>|r|<description> is it possible to eliminate the replacement word from showing in the auto complete GUI? I want a nice simple output in my menu. Also, how would I go about hiding the system tray icon? I know to use #NoTrayIcon but I have no idea where to place it in the code because there are so many files in the master. Thanks.

Maniac

Post by Maniac » 15 Aug 2023, 13:09

Shawnny Canuck wrote:
15 Aug 2023, 12:38
This script/program is exactly what I have been looking for. However, I am curious when using the word replacements <word>|r|<description> is it possible to eliminate the replacement word from showing in the auto complete GUI? I want a nice simple output in my menu. Also, how would I go about hiding the system tray icon? I know to use #NoTrayIcon but I have no idea where to place it in the code because there are so many files in the master. Thanks.
I'm not 100% sure it will work, but you can try changing this in ListBox.ahk, AddToMatchList:

Code: Select all

if (g_SingleMatchReplacement[position])
      {
         CurrentMatch .= " " . chr(26) . " " . g_SingleMatchReplacement[position]
      }
to

Code: Select all

if (g_SingleMatchReplacement[position])
      {
         CurrentMatch = g_SingleMatchReplacement[position]
      }
You'll have to see if it'll still match. I forget if that code is only for display or if it's also used for matching. If you meant you don't want to see the NEW word, I think you can just comment out the whole block.

For the icon, the code you need to modify is probably in TypingAid.ahk:
SuspendOn
SuspendOff
BuildTrayMenu

Shawnny Canuck

Post by Shawnny Canuck » 15 Aug 2023, 15:12

@Maniac Thanks so much for the prompt reply and for the assistance. I want the replacement to take place but as your mentioned I don't want to see the new word within the auto complete list. I want to remove this part "->-Replacement Word" I will try your suggestion of commenting out the block of code :)

Raghava Doregowda

Post by Raghava Doregowda » 31 Aug 2023, 11:53

Say I type a word that's already in the dictionary a bunch of times say "the" or "he" and "she", I thought the script would prioritize the list based on the frequency of words. But the word doesn't change i.e i's not adaptive. Is this a thing or Am I missing something?

Maniac

Post by Maniac » 31 Aug 2023, 12:56

If it's in the fixed wordlist, the position will NOT change.

If it's the LEARNED words, the position will change, but it's a simple (dumb) algorithm. Each time you type it, it just adds 1 to the count. The words with the highest count are listed higher.

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”