UIAutomation with a focus on Chrome

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
leosouza85

Re: UIAutomation with a focus on Chrome

Post by leosouza85 » 08 Jul 2022, 12:30

Descolada wrote:
08 Jul 2022, 12:15
@leosouza85, have you tried element.FindFirstByNameAndType("Anexar","Button",,2,False)? This should make sure that you are not accidentally looking for "Anexar" if the element is actually named "Anexar " with a space at the end, and also turns off case-sensitivity.
I haven't encountered a situation where an element can't be found if its too deep, can you bring a testable example on some webpage?
Hi! I will try that, I've edited my previous post, and detected that the element is found, but the element has an illegal character, a font awesome icon... and the functions wait and find dont find the text only the illegal character, but uia viewer and treeinspector show the illegal character and the text...

I dont have a site to show because it is a government site that only works internally

The name is detected by the function dumpAll as Name: "" and on UIAViwer it detects as: Name: " Anexar mais arquivos".

I think the other functions are detecting as the DumpAll function does and do not work on this page

Descolada

Post by Descolada » 08 Jul 2022, 12:51

@leosouza85, UIAViewer uses the same methods as DumpAll to display the CurrentName value, so I think this might be an encoding issue. Make sure your script is saved in the proper encoding UTF-8-BOM (not regular UTF-8 or something similar) and try again.

For example the following code works only in UTF-8-BOM, open this site to test: https://codepen.io/vivinantony/pen/bGzdxW

Code: Select all

SetTitleMatchMode, 2
#include <UIA_Interface>
UIA := UIA_Interface()
chromeId := WinExist("ahk_exe chrome.exe")
WinActivate, ahk_id %chromeId%
WinWaitActive, ahk_id %chromeId%
chrome := UIA.ElementFromHandle(chromeId, True)
chrome.FindFirstByName("Нравится2 тыс.").Click("left")

leosouza85

Post by leosouza85 » 08 Jul 2022, 13:09

Descolada wrote:
08 Jul 2022, 12:51
@leosouza85, UIAViewer uses the same methods as DumpAll to display the CurrentName value, so I think this might be an encoding issue. Make sure your script is saved in the proper encoding UTF-8-BOM (not regular UTF-8 or something similar) and try again.

For example the following code works only in UTF-8-BOM, open this site to test: https://codepen.io/vivinantony/pen/bGzdxW

SetTitleMatchMode, 2
#include <UIA_Interface>
chrome.FindFirstByName("Нравится2 тыс.").Click("left")

The script is saved on that encoding, UTF-8-BOM, I can click the element with find by path, but with this code it is not clicking

cUIA.FindByPath("1.2.2.3.1.9.3.1.1").Click("left") ;Works
cUIA.WaitElementExistByNameAndType("Anexar", 50020,,2,False).Click("left") ;Not work

Im using Click("left") just to see the mouse and making sure that the element is not found

Descolada

Post by Descolada » 08 Jul 2022, 13:22

@leosouza85, just to confirm - you ran my provided example and it worked?

I don't think I can help you much more without a test case. At least you got it working with FindByPath, so all is not lost :D

leosouza85

Post by leosouza85 » 08 Jul 2022, 13:34

Descolada wrote:
08 Jul 2022, 13:22
@leosouza85, just to confirm - you ran my provided example and it worked?

I don't think I can help you much more without a test case. At least you got it working with FindByPath, so all is not lost :D
No your sugestion not work here... but thankyou so much anyway...

But what if you modify the functions to ready only legal characters?

Descolada

Post by Descolada » 08 Jul 2022, 14:25

@leosouza85, it seems that the code I provided doesn't work, because AHK forums has apparently removed the illegal invisible character in it :) What I did: navigate to that test site and inspect the Facebook like button. It has a "item" or "button" element, which has some text: I copied it into my script. That text contains an invisible U+00a0 character and also some cyrillic, good for testing encoding problems... If your script is UTF-8-BOM and UIA_Interface.ahk is also saved in UTF-8-BOM, and you have made sure you are running the latest UIA_Interface.ahk from my Github, then perhaps try a suggestion by user @SundayProgrammer:

Conv4uChar(t) {
	s := StrPut(t, "CP0")
	VarSetCapacity(u, s)
	s := StrPut(t, &u, s, "CP0")
	Return StrGet(&u, "UTF-8")
}
It should remove all illegal characters from your search phrase, but I don't think it will work here, because it doesn't affect the actual search function (FindFirst) which is a UIA native method (not added by me) and can't be altered by us.
"" and on UIAViwer it detects as: Name: " Anexar mais arquivos"
The thing is, that UIAViewer uses element.CurrentName and DumpAll() uses element.CurrentName as well, no other processing inbetween. So they should return the same value... This highly suggests that something is up with the encoding - what encoding is you UIAViewer saved as?

leosouza85

Post by leosouza85 » 08 Jul 2022, 17:06

Descolada wrote:
08 Jul 2022, 14:25
@leosouza85, it seems that the code I provided doesn't work, because AHK forums has apparently removed the illegal invisible character in it :) What I did: navigate to that test site and inspect the Facebook like button. It has a "item" or "button" element, which has some text: I copied it into my script. That text contains an invisible U+00a0 character and also some cyrillic, good for testing encoding problems... If your script is UTF-8-BOM and UIA_Interface.ahk is also saved in UTF-8-BOM, and you have made sure you are running the latest UIA_Interface.ahk from my Github, then perhaps try a suggestion by user @SundayProgrammer:

Conv4uChar(t) {
	s := StrPut(t, "CP0")
	VarSetCapacity(u, s)
	s := StrPut(t, &u, s, "CP0")
	Return StrGet(&u, "UTF-8")
}
It should remove all illegal characters from your search phrase, but I don't think it will work here, because it doesn't affect the actual search function (FindFirst) which is a UIA native method (not added by me) and can't be altered by us.
"" and on UIAViwer it detects as: Name: " Anexar mais arquivos"
The thing is, that UIAViewer uses element.CurrentName and DumpAll() uses element.CurrentName as well, no other processing inbetween. So they should return the same value... This highly suggests that something is up with the encoding - what encoding is you UIAViewer saved as?
Everything is saved in UTF-8-BOM

I've made a mistake.... both functions and uiaviwer are finding Name: " Anexar mais arquivos"... Im trying other things to see if i can debug that... I will keep in touch in case i solve this

The Strange thing is... its something on computer or in chrome version... the code works from home, but not work at work... at work i can click in other elements... but on that element only by path

marynofear

missing "value"

Post by marynofear » 08 Jul 2022, 17:39

UIAViewer-1.jpg
UIAViewer-1.jpg (35.42 KiB) Viewed 3505 times
First, thanks for the great work. :bravo:

I have a smaller problem. Needs to captures and evaluate some numbers from a webpage. (ui.soc.eu-central-1.mcafee.com)
Everything seems to be working but for some reason i cant get one "0" value.
The value shows in UIAViewer and in UIATreeInspector. I can even copy the number from the webpage. But no get it by code.
Code is working getting all other values but not the "0". Im using latest version of the libraries. Have not tried with older versions.
Pictures of Msg-boxes are just for info. One finds the correct value. The other finds the "0" but its not in the OneText.Dump()
Is it a problem in the lib or is it something I do wrong ?

nameText := chrome.FindFirstByName("Total Threats") 
TextWalker := UIA.CreateTreeWalker(UIA.CreateCondition("ControlType", "Text"))
oneText := TextWalker.GetNextSiblingElement(nameText) 

MsgBox, % "Date: " oneText.Dump()

Descolada

Post by Descolada » 09 Jul 2022, 02:08

@marynofear, it is a problem in the Dump() method. Your screenshot means that the element is found properly, and element.CurrentName should display "0" for you. But the Dump() method only displays values if they exist (eg if CurrentName is "", then the name won't be displayed at all), and "0" was evaluated as "not existing". I fixed this and the new UIA_Interface.ahk is available at GitHub.
I also upgraded the FindByPath method, so now you could use oneText := nameText.FindByPath("+1", UIA.CreateCondition("ControlType", "Text"))

@mora145, I added your desired functionality to FindByPath (available at GitHub): dateText1 := bulletText.FindByPath("-2", UIA.CreateCondition("ControlType", "Text")) calls GetPreviousSiblingElement twice.

Joe Glines

Post by Joe Glines » 09 Jul 2022, 06:02

Descolada wrote:
23 Jun 2022, 13:24
@Joe Glines, glad to see UIAutomation getting more popular! Hopefully more people can start enjoying it :) (and motivates me to fix important bugs faster :D)
Would you be up for joining us on Zoom sometime to record a video discussing the class & uses? If so, you can email me at [email protected]...
Sign-up for the 🅰️HK Newsletter

ImageImageImageImage:clap:
AHK Tutorials:Web Scraping | | Webservice APIs | AHK and Excel | Chrome | RegEx | Functions
Training: AHK Webinars Courses on AutoHotkey :ugeek:
YouTube

:thumbup: Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!

marynofear

Post by marynofear » 09 Jul 2022, 20:04

Descolada wrote:
09 Jul 2022, 02:08
@marynofear, it is a problem in the Dump() method. Your screenshot means that the element is found properly, and element.CurrentName should display "0" for you. But the Dump() method only displays values if they exist (eg if CurrentName is "", then the name won't be displayed at all), and "0" was evaluated as "not existing". I fixed this and the new UIA_Interface.ahk is available at GitHub.
I also upgraded the FindByPath method, so now you could use oneText := nameText.FindByPath("+1", UIA.CreateCondition("ControlType", "Text"))

@mora145, I added your desired functionality to FindByPath (available at GitHub): dateText1 := bulletText.FindByPath("-2", UIA.CreateCondition("ControlType", "Text")) calls GetPreviousSiblingElement twice.
@Descolada What a great support :thumbup: - Your one of the best around.
Now everything I needs, works perfectly. And I can finally monitor for changes in this value.
This is way more simple that having to use Rufaydium WebDriver and deal chromedriver needing to be update together with every Chrome update.
- Million Thanks - This is crazy good programming and support - :crazy:

leosouza85

Post by leosouza85 » 10 Jul 2022, 14:04

Joe Glines wrote:
09 Jul 2022, 06:02
Descolada wrote:
23 Jun 2022, 13:24
@Joe Glines, glad to see UIAutomation getting more popular! Hopefully more people can start enjoying it :) (and motivates me to fix important bugs faster :D)
Would you be up for joining us on Zoom sometime to record a video discussing the class & uses? If so, you can email me at [email protected]...
Thanks for the chat with descolada on youtube... I've learned so much... tomorow I will try to apply the knoledge at work, to some elements that are in other windows with root element. Any progress in skype automation with that?

also you could change the scope of the search to see if it will work like
test.WaitElementToExistByName("name",0x7,2,false)

the default scope is 0x4, descendants, the function search all descendants (from the handle). The scope 0x7, subtree, includes the root of the search and all descendants

Ancestors 16
Specifies that the search include the element's ancestors, including the parent. Not supported.

Children 2
Specifies that the search include the element's immediate children.

Descendants 4
Specifies that the search include the element's descendants, including children.

Element 1
Specifies that the search include the element itself.

Parent 8
Specifies that the search include the element's parent. Not supported.

Subtree 7
Specifies that the search include the root of the search and all descendants.

Descolada

Post by Descolada » 10 Jul 2022, 14:25

@leosouza85, unfortunately not much progress with Skype. I tested it on three setups:
1) My main setup: cannot detect elements with ElementFromHandle, but ElementFromPoint works
2) Windows 10 VM && Windows 11 VM: both work after activating accessibility (by setting activateChromiumAccessibility to True)

I haven't figured out what the difference between the setups are yet. Skype versions should be the same, so perhaps a Windows update changes the behaviour? Perhaps somebody will figure it out :)
In the meantime it's still possible to access all the content of Skype with UIA, but the window must be visible for this:

#SingleInstance, force
#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
SetTitleMatchMode, 2

#include <UIA_Interface>

WinActivate, ahk_exe skype.exe
WinWaitActive, ahk_exe skype.exe

skypeEl := UIA.ElementFromHandle(WinExist("ahk_exe skype.exe"), True)
MsgBox, % skypeEl.DumpAll() ; Try with ElementFromHandle first
WinActivate, ahk_exe skype.exe ; Activate again after the MsgBox (sometimes loses focus)
WinWaitActive, ahk_exe skype.exe

WinGetPos, X, Y, W, H, ahk_exe skype.exe ; Get Skype window location
chromiumTW := UIA.CreateTreeWalker(UIA.CreateCondition("ControlType","Document")) ; Create a treewalker to find the Document element
el := UIA.ElementFromPoint(x+w//2, y+h//2) ; Use ElementFromPoint on the center of the window (the actual coordinate doesn't really matter, it just needs to be inside the window)
try el := chromiumTW.NormalizeElement(el) ; Get the first parent that is a Window element
MsgBox, % el.DumpAll()
Last edited by Descolada on 12 Jul 2022, 05:55, edited 1 time in total.

TomDonovan

Post by TomDonovan » 10 Jul 2022, 14:53

Has anyone tried UIA with BitWarden. Using UIAViewer in the main BitWarden window, if I click on my saved items, I can get the viewer to show the item, but I have been unsuccessful finding that item thru code and UIATreeInspector doesn't see the items. Also in UIAViewer if I press F2 after having selected my item, and pressed esc so it stays, the window structure that it builds no longer show my item (just like UIATreeInspector).

It would be nice if UIAViewer could show same information as Dumpall as maybe if I could have the path I could find the item, but I haven't been able to find anything that could show a path?

Skrell

Post by Skrell » 11 Jul 2022, 09:25

Your latest UIAViewer is still not detecting Chrome's caption buttons correctly unfortunately...
image.png
image.png (6.15 KiB) Viewed 2523 times
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought this is why you introduced the activateChromiumAccessibility parameter? So then if I'm hovering over Chrome I can set this to "true" and force it to dive deeper into the tree to find the correct button?

ElementFromPoint(x="", y="", activateChromiumAccessibility=False)

Descolada

Post by Descolada » 11 Jul 2022, 09:56

@TomDonovan, yes this same issue exists with a lot of Electron/Chromium web-based apps. I still haven't figured out the exact cause of this unfortunately (I know it isn't related to the UIA_Interface library, its caused by the apps themselves), but the workaround is the same as for Skype:

#SingleInstance, force
#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
SetTitleMatchMode, 2

#include <UIA_Interface>

WinActivate, ahk_exe bitwarden.exe
WinWaitActive, ahk_exe bitwarden.exe
WinGetPos, X, Y, W, H, ahk_exe bitwarden.exe ; Get window location
el := UIA.ElementFromPoint(x+w//2, y+h//2) ; Use ElementFromPoint on the center of the window (the actual coordinate doesn't really matter, it just needs to be inside the window)
chromiumTW := UIA.CreateTreeWalker(UIA.CreateCondition("ControlType","Window")) ; Create a treewalker to find the Window element
try el := chromiumTW.NormalizeElement(el) ; Get the first parent that is a Window element
MsgBox, % el.DumpAll()
@Skrell, activateChromiumAccessibility triggers accessibility for Chrome when it is turned off, and if it is off then you shouldn't be able to access any of the elements (tabs, text etc). To deal with the problem of getting min-max buttons I introduced the global DeepSearchFromPoint variable at the top of UIAViewer source code, which if turned to True will detect those elements. Internally it uses the method SmallestElementFromPoint.

Skrell

Post by Skrell » 11 Jul 2022, 11:03

@Descolada So would you expect this to work then?

MouseGetPos, mX, mY, mHwnd, mCtrl
    WinGetClass, wClass, ahk_id %mHwnd%

try {
        If wClass == "Chrome_WidgetWin_1"
            mEl := UIA.SmallestElementFromPoint(mX, mY, True, UIA.ElementFromHandle(mHwnd))
        Else
            mEl := UIA.ElementFromPoint(mX, mY)
    }

If (mEl.CurrentName == "Close")
        {
            Tooltip, %wClass% " Closed!"
        }

Descolada

Post by Descolada » 11 Jul 2022, 11:29

@Skrell, I wouldn't expect that to work. UIA isn't defined; wClass == "Chrome_WidgetWin_1" is probably evaluated as legacy syntax; MouseGetPos returns relative coordinates but UIA uses absolute. This should work though:

CoordMode, Mouse, Screen

#include <UIA_Interface>
Loop {

try {
        If (wClass == "Chrome_WidgetWin_1")
        Else
            mEl := UIA.ElementFromPoint(mX, mY, True)

}
        {
        }
}

Skrell

Post by Skrell » 11 Jul 2022, 11:33

Descolada wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 11:29
@Skrell, I wouldn't expect that to work. UIA isn't defined; wClass == "Chrome_WidgetWin_1" is probably evaluated as legacy syntax; MouseGetPos returns relative coordinates but UIA uses absolute. This should work though:

CoordMode, Mouse, Screen

#include <UIA_Interface>
Loop {

try {
        Else

}
        {
        }
}
My apologies... That is exactly what I had I just failed to include everything. This code did not work for me... Maybe I need admin?

FYI: If I do this:

{
        	Tooltip, "1"
        	Tooltip, "2"
        }
        Else

I never see "2" but I do see "1"

mora145

Post by mora145 » 11 Jul 2022, 23:07

Descolada wrote:
09 Jul 2022, 02:08

Were there any problems with this? I think you removed it the next day.

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”