AHK_MicMute

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
antisocialian

AHK_MicMute

Post by antisocialian » 30 Jul 2022, 13:43

Modified a few scripts, frankenstein'd them together into one. seems to work for me so i thought i'd post it.

Modified SoundDevices.ahk that I had found years ago. Changed it to use 15 digits for floats, since the max digits that AHK uses for numerical values is 15digits and this gives less chance of having 2 devices with the same volume value:

Code: Select all

SetBatchLines -1
SplashTextOn,,, Gathering Soundcard Info...

; Most of the pure numbers below probably don't exist in any mixer, but they're queried for completeness.
; The numbers correspond to the following items (in order): CUSTOM, BOOLEANMETER, SIGNEDMETER, PEAKMETER,
; UNSIGNEDMETER, BOOLEAN, BUTTON, DECIBELS, SIGNED, UNSIGNED, PERCENT, SLIDER, FADER, SINGLESELECT, MUX,
; MULTIPLESELECT, MIXER, MICROTIME, MILLITIME
ControlTypes = VOLUME,ONOFF,MUTE,MONO,LOUDNESS,STEREOENH,BASSBOOST,PAN,QSOUNDPAN,BASS,TREBLE,EQUALIZER,0x00000000, 0x10010000,0x10020000,0x10020001,0x10030000,0x20010000,0x21010000,0x30040000,0x30020000,0x30030000,0x30050000,0x40020000,0x50030000,0x70010000,0x70010001,0x71010000,0x71010001,0x60030000,0x61030000

ComponentTypes = MASTER,HEADPHONES,DIGITAL,LINE,MICROPHONE,SYNTH,CD,TELEPHONE,PCSPEAKER,WAVE,AUX,ANALOG,N/A

; Create a ListView and prepare for the main loop:
Gui, Add, Listview, w400 h400 vMyListView, Component Type|Control Type|Setting|Mixer
LV_ModifyCol(4, "Integer")
SetFormat, Float, 0.15  ; Limit number of decimal places in percentages to two.

Loop  ; For each mixer number that exists in the system, query its capabilities.
{
    CurrMixer := A_Index
    SoundGet, Setting,,, %CurrMixer%
    if ErrorLevel = Can't Open Specified Mixer  ; Any error other than this indicates that the mixer exists.
        break

; For each component type that exists in this mixer, query its instances and control types:
    Loop, parse, ComponentTypes, `,
    {
        CurrComponent := A_LoopField
        ; First check if this component type even exists in the mixer:
        SoundGet, Setting, %CurrComponent%,, %CurrMixer%
        if ErrorLevel = Mixer Doesn't Support This Component Type
            continue  ; Start a new iteration to move on to the next component type.
        Loop  ; For each instance of this component type, query its control types.
        {
            CurrInstance := A_Index
            ; First check if this instance of this instance even exists in the mixer:
            SoundGet, Setting, %CurrComponent%:%CurrInstance%,, %CurrMixer%
            ; Checking for both of the following errors allows this script to run on older versions:
            if ErrorLevel in Mixer Doesn't Have That Many of That Component Type,Invalid Control Type or Component Type
                break  ; No more instances of this component type.
            ; Get the current setting of each control type that exists in this instance of this component:
            Loop, parse, ControlTypes, `,
            {
                CurrControl := A_LoopField
                SoundGet, Setting, %CurrComponent%:%CurrInstance%, %CurrControl%, %CurrMixer%
                ; Checking for both of the following errors allows this script to run on older versions:
                if ErrorLevel in Component Doesn't Support This Control Type,Invalid Control Type or Component Type
                    continue
                if ErrorLevel  ; Some other error, which is unexpected so show it in the results.
                    Setting := ErrorLevel
                ComponentString := CurrComponent
                if CurrInstance > 1
                    ComponentString = %ComponentString%:%CurrInstance%
                LV_Add("", ComponentString, CurrControl, Setting, CurrMixer)
            }  ; For each control type.
        }  ; For each component instance.
    }  ; For each component type.
}  ; For each mixer.

Loop % LV_GetCount("Col")  ; Auto-size each column to fit its contents.
    LV_ModifyCol(A_Index, "AutoHdr")

SplashTextOff
Gui, Show
return

GuiClose:
ExitApp
The Main Script:

Code: Select all

SetBatchLines -1
SetFormat FloatFast, 0.15
AutoTrim, on
SplashTextOn,,, Gathering Soundcard Info...

;**SET THIS TO THE SAME VALUE OF THE VOLUME LEVEL OF THE DEVICE YOU WISH TO MUTE**
MicVolumeGet = 97.999969482421875

; Most of the pure numbers below probably don't exist in any mixer, but they're queried for completeness.
	; The numbers correspond to the following items (in order): CUSTOM, BOOLEANMETER, SIGNEDMETER, PEAKMETER,
	; UNSIGNEDMETER, BOOLEAN, BUTTON, DECIBELS, SIGNED, UNSIGNED, PERCENT, SLIDER, FADER, SINGLESELECT, MUX,
; MULTIPLESELECT, MIXER, MICROTIME, MILLITIME
ControlTypes = VOLUME,ONOFF,MUTE,MONO,LOUDNESS,STEREOENH,BASSBOOST,PAN,QSOUNDPAN,BASS,TREBLE,EQUALIZER,0x00000000, 0x10010000,0x10020000,0x10020001,0x10030000,0x20010000,0x21010000,0x30040000,0x30020000,0x30030000,0x30050000,0x40020000,0x50030000,0x70010000,0x70010001,0x71010000,0x71010001,0x60030000,0x61030000

ComponentTypes = MASTER,HEADPHONES,DIGITAL,LINE,MICROPHONE,SYNTH,CD,TELEPHONE,PCSPEAKER,WAVE,AUX,ANALOG,N/A

KeyboardLED(LEDvalue, Cmd, Kbd=0)
{
  SetUnicodeStr(fn,"\Device\KeyBoardClass" Kbd)
  h_device:=NtCreateFile(fn,0+0x00000100+0x00000080+0x00100000,1,1,0x00000040+0x00000020,0)

If Cmd= switch  ;switches every LED according to LEDvalue
   KeyLED:= LEDvalue
  If Cmd= on  ;forces all choosen LED's to ON (LEDvalue= 0 ->LED's according to keystate)
   KeyLED:= LEDvalue | (GetKeyState("ScrollLock", "T") + 2*GetKeyState("NumLock", "T") + 4*GetKeyState("CapsLock", "T"))
  If Cmd= off  ;forces all choosen LED's to OFF (LEDvalue= 0 ->LED's according to keystate)
    {
    LEDvalue:= LEDvalue ^ 7
    KeyLED:= LEDvalue & (GetKeyState("ScrollLock", "T") + 2*GetKeyState("NumLock", "T") + 4*GetKeyState("CapsLock", "T"))
    }

success := DllCall( "DeviceIoControl"
              ,  "ptr", h_device
              , "uint", CTL_CODE( 0x0000000b     ; FILE_DEVICE_KEYBOARD
                        , 2
                        , 0             ; METHOD_BUFFERED
                        , 0  )          ; FILE_ANY_ACCESS
              , "int*", KeyLED << 16
              , "uint", 4
              ,  "ptr", 0
              , "uint", 0
              ,  "ptr*", output_actual
              ,  "ptr", 0 )

NtCloseFile(h_device)
  return success
}

CTL_CODE( p_device_type, p_function, p_method, p_access )
{
  Return, ( p_device_type << 16 ) | ( p_access << 14 ) | ( p_function << 2 ) | p_method
}

NtCreateFile(ByRef wfilename,desiredaccess,sharemode,createdist,flags,fattribs)
{
  VarSetCapacity(objattrib,6*A_PtrSize,0)
  VarSetCapacity(io,2*A_PtrSize,0)
  VarSetCapacity(pus,2*A_PtrSize)
  DllCall("ntdll\RtlInitUnicodeString","ptr",&pus,"ptr",&wfilename)
  NumPut(6*A_PtrSize,objattrib,0)
  NumPut(&pus,objattrib,2*A_PtrSize)
  status:=DllCall("ntdll\ZwCreateFile","ptr*",fh,"UInt",desiredaccess,"ptr",&objattrib
                  ,"ptr",&io,"ptr",0,"UInt",fattribs,"UInt",sharemode,"UInt",createdist
                  ,"UInt",flags,"ptr",0,"UInt",0, "UInt")
  return % fh
}

NtCloseFile(handle)
{
  return DllCall("ntdll\ZwClose","ptr",handle)
}

SetUnicodeStr(ByRef out, str_)
{
  VarSetCapacity(out,2*StrPut(str_,"utf-16"))
  StrPut(str_,&out,"utf-16")
}

Loop  ; For each mixer number that exists in the system, query its capabilities.
{
    CurrMixer := A_Index
    SoundGet, Setting,,, %CurrMixer%
    if ErrorLevel = Can't Open Specified Mixer  ; Any error other than this indicates that the mixer exists.
	break
	if MicVolumeGet = %Setting%
	{
		;MsgBox, %Setting% = %MicVolumeGet%
		MuteThisDevice = %CurrMixer%
	}
	;else
	;MsgBox, %Setting% =/= %MicVolumeGet%

}

SplashTextOff
	return

Pause::  ;Pause Break button is my chosen hotkey

SoundSet, +1, MASTER, mute, %MuteThisDevice%
	SoundGet, master_mute, , mute, %MuteThisDevice%
	if (master_mute = "On") {
		Loop, 12 {
			KeyboardLED(`1, "On", A_Index-1)
		}

} else {
		Loop, 12 {
			KeyboardLED(1, "Off", A_Index-1)
		}

}
	return
The script will auto go thru the devices to find the device with the same value that you entered in the 'MicVolumeGet' variable at the start of the script. I use the PAUSE key to mute since it is practically unused in games/software now. The ScrlLock indicator light on your keyboard will turn on when the device is muted, and turn off when it isn't muted. I removed the tooltip showing due to issues with games that run Fullscreen Exlcusive mode minimizing when the tooltip shows.

Thanx to hanhzo for the idea and code to use the keyboard LEDs:
Spoiler
I don't remember where I found the other scripts, I'm not claiming I made this on my own. Just that I shoved a bunch of things into a script file and it doesn't crash.

I have this posted on GitHub: https://github.com/antisocialian/AHK_MicMute, if you have issues, post them there as I may not be checking in here that often.

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”