Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
submeg

Re: Radial menu scripts

Post by submeg » 10 Oct 2022, 15:52

Lepes wrote:
06 Oct 2022, 07:55
submeg wrote:
05 Oct 2022, 18:12
Just checked with someone else that is running Windows 10 Enterprise, and they didn't have any issues.

Back to the drawing board...
What's happen when you do: Open > File > RM4 > Menu definitions > Main profile.txt ?

You already have "profiles" menu and "subMenus" menu that navigates to the proper folder and let you choose what file you want to configure.

I don't use this interface, I always open notepad++ and modify these files by hand.
Hi @Lepes, when I go to:

Radial Menu Designer > File > Open > Main profile.txt, I receive the same screen as above. In fact, when I try to pick any menu to edit (submenu, profile, context sensitive), it always is blank. When I pick:

Radial Menu Designer > Profiles, RM4 does navigate to the correct folder, so at least I know the relationships are correct.

The weird part is that when I go to another machine, the menu (using the file in the same location as it's stored in OneDrive) works fine. I wonder - is it possible there's a security option enabled by my work that could be blocking the designer?

Just did a test, when using the text editor, it does show all the correct values and any changes I make are showing up.

submeg

Post by submeg » 11 Oct 2022, 16:43

I just used SciTE to step through the RMD.ahk code, and I noticed that the function RemoveKeysInMenu is called inside Class c_MenuDefinition (in the RMD Classes.ahk file).

I'm trying to see if running on a different machine that this is reached, and if not, why it is reached on this machine in particular.

Edit:

Yes, it is reached and I tried to step through the code to see where it was different, but I need more time.

Foxsayy

Post by Foxsayy » 24 Feb 2023, 16:10

This looks potentially neat, but is it still supported/working? The radial menu looks like it was built for low DPI screens because it's *super tiny* on mine.

Learning one

Post by Learning one » 05 Mar 2023, 08:39

The radial menu looks like it was built for low DPI screens because it's *super tiny* on mine.
Open RM\Menu definitions\General settings.txt, and in [SkinOverride] section write something like this:

Code: Select all

[SkinOverride]
TextSize = 15
ItemSize = 84
Save changes and reload Radial menu. Now you'll have larger text, items and whole menu. If that's not big enough, increase values.

... is it still supported/working?
Radial menu is still supported, I use it daily, both on work and at home, but unfortunately I don't have enough free time to develop new features / improvements and answer all questions ...

Foxsayy

Post by Foxsayy » 21 Mar 2023, 16:25

Learning one wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 08:39

Open RM\Menu definitions\General settings.txt, and in [SkinOverride] section write something like this:

[size=85][SkinOverride]
TextSize = 15
ItemSize = 84[/size]
Save changes and reload Radial menu. Now you'll have larger text, items and whole menu. If that's not big enough, increase values.

Thanks, that worked! I also see it in the manual now. Is there a way to do the same in the designer? I couldn't tell which file it should be, and it looks like this on my screen. IT's actually already blown up a bit here:

image.png
image.png (171.87 KiB) Viewed 2741 times
Learning one wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 08:39

Radial menu is still supported, I use it daily, both on work and at home, but unfortunately I don't have enough free time to develop new features / improvements and answer all questions ...

I appreciate it! I know it takes a ton of work and there's no real decent, general-use radial menu on the market. All the website links seem to be a thing of the past, but if you still had the tutorial video(s) I would love to see them.

Learning one

Post by Learning one » 23 Mar 2023, 17:16

... Is there a way to do the same in the designer?
Yes; open RM\Internal\Codes\RMD.ahk and after this line: Miscellaneous := {RootDir: RM "\Menu definitions"} write something like this:

Layout := {ItemSize:84}
ItemBitmapOptions := {TextSize: 15}
All the website links seem to be a thing of the past, but if you still had the tutorial video(s) I would love to see them.
Yes... website is down - 000webhost suspended it because it exceded maximum bandwith or maximum number of unique visitors. Maybe I'll upload it somewhere else later...

Foxsayy

Post by Foxsayy » 24 Mar 2023, 16:46

Learning one wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 17:16
... Is there a way to do the same in the designer?
Yes; open RM\Internal\Codes\RMD.ahk and after this line: Miscellaneous := {RootDir: RM "\Menu definitions"} write something like this:

Layout := {ItemSize:84}
ItemBitmapOptions := {TextSize: 15}
All the website links seem to be a thing of the past, but if you still had the tutorial video(s) I would love to see them.
Yes... website is down - 000webhost suspended it because it exceded maximum bandwith or maximum number of unique visitors. Maybe I'll upload it somewhere else later...
Thanks, that was easy, the code seems to be written pretty well. I love how you can easily move the modules. I'm just now diving into how to use the functions now that I can see them.

So the menu seems to work fine on my main screen, but if I activate it on a second screen (different resolution) the mouse is moved far away from the radial menu both upon activating the menu and upon selecting a menu item. The distance also doesn't seem to be fixed, but varies. I'm not super proficient with AHK, but I'm guessing there's somewhere I'd need to add a condition to check screens? Maybe coordmode or something?

submeg

Post by submeg » 16 Apr 2023, 06:23

submeg wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 16:43
I just used SciTE to step through the RMD.ahk code, and I noticed that the function RemoveKeysInMenu is called inside Class c_MenuDefinition (in the RMD Classes.ahk file).

I'm trying to see if running on a different machine that this is reached, and if not, why it is reached on this machine in particular.

Edit:

Yes, it is reached and I tried to step through the code to see where it was different, but I need more time.
I finally worked my issue: it was due to security settings at work that had changed, which now results in the designer being blocked :cry:

submeg

Post by submeg » 26 Apr 2023, 16:53

Hey @Learning one, hope you are going well.

Just thought I'd reach out and ask what are your thoughts on RM and v2?

I'm in the process of rebuilding my own scripts into v2, and not sure how RM fares in the new version.

Edit:

You are still able to run v1 and v2 codes from either v1 or v2 code; see my post here.
Last edited by submeg on 07 Oct 2023, 05:24, edited 1 time in total.

iilabs

Post by iilabs » 06 May 2023, 16:36

Awesome script learning one!

I have a script that loads many GUIs from ini files while I scroll through images. I want radial menu to access these GUIs as I view images to build strings based on the images viewed. Is there a way to make a context sensitive Radial dial for each different ini loaded? Id rather not make a separate menu definitions unless that is the only way? I feel I can use the context sensitive feature?

I am not understanding the GUI # in the help file. In example here , when paint is loaded, where does it find GUI #56?

Are these separate radial menus that load and activate the #56 submenu or something? I was hoping more details on website but link broken.

RMApp_LoadMenu(56, RM "\Menu definitions\Context-sensitive\Paint.txt")        ; loads menu for Paint, uses Gui number 56

RMApp_LoadMenu(57, RM "\Menu definitions\Context-sensitive\Notepad.txt")      ; loads menu for Notepad, uses Gui number 57

RMApp_LoadMenu(58, RM "\Menu definitions\Submenus\Applications.txt")          ; loads General menu, uses Gui number 58

comvox

Post by comvox » 07 May 2023, 00:19

iilabs. I don't understand what you are aiming at, although it seems intriguing. So I am not sure what I have to say will be relevant. However, as far as finding GUI #56, Radial Menu creates (not finds) GUI #56 via the command you cited:
RMApp_LoadMenu(56, RM "\Menu definitions\Context-sensitive\Paint.txt")
(If there already was a GUI #56, the above command would, I presume, replace it with a GUI based on Paint.txt.)

It then later finds (displays) this GUI via a series of commands like

MenuToShow := 56
RMApp_MyRMHandler2(MenuToShow)

This is illustrated in the help file in "Step 3. Assign menus to hotkey" . It gives the example of creating a hotkey (F3 in the example) which displays either GUI #56, 57, or 58 depending on what the active window is.

Also, a radial menu "item" can call F3. Alternatively, an "item" could also call a function that would do the work of F3.

iilabs

Post by iilabs » 07 May 2023, 08:00

Thank you Comvox, that explanation makes sense. So GUI 56 is the 56 radial dial and if not used its replaces it. What I'm trying to do is automate some common used sentences instead of depending on voice recognition while "reading" patient CT images. They say a picture is a thousand words! so I'm hoping RD will organize most if it so I can focus on the real problem at hand instead of editing voice recognition errors!

ccchan234

Post by ccchan234 » 08 Jun 2023, 00:52

hi,
i am newbie, may i ask some Q? thx

1. i dont care about licensing as long as i can use it privately without paying(i.e. free as in free beer), but is the complete source code found in the download-able .zip file? thanks everything except the radial menu.exe seems are just .ahk, .png, .txt etc.

2. As the radial menu.exe is indeep autohotkey.exe, could i replace it with my own AHK 1.1.32.00.exe? this is the one /w signature but older.

3. i summitted the .zip to virustotal, it reported 2 issues. 1 issue could be removed if i deleted the radial menu.exe but the other one cant.
any recommendation?

thank you.

ccchan234

Post by ccchan234 » 16 Jun 2023, 12:49

at the moment, i'll stick to this first:
https://github.com/aviaryan/autohotkey-scripts/blob/master/Tools/LaunchQ.ahk
however, it's single layer of shortcuts instead of a tree like structure.
but the whole code is full transparent.

gregster

Post by gregster » 24 Aug 2023, 07:09

I split the mostly unrelated discussion about LaunchQ (and its modifications) from this topic about Radial menu:
It can now be found here: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=120668

DatHypnoboi

Post by DatHypnoboi » 26 Jan 2024, 03:08

I've been having a weird issue where the sound scripts don't load properly when I first start Radial Menu. Funnily enough, manually running them from the internal folder fixes it, despite all the warnings about not running them manually, but it's annoying having to go through the process every time I restart my computer

ufunk

Post by ufunk » 04 Mar 2024, 16:34

Hello, is radial menu going to be updated to v2 somewhen? I am just interested if there is an intention to do so. Thanks.

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”