Radial menu scripts

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
loumizhu

Re: Radial menu scripts

Post by loumizhu » 06 Apr 2022, 09:19

I'm posting this to check if anyone encountered same issue using the Radial Menu with a Huion Tablet

I recently switched to a huion screen tablet (kamva)
the prior wacom tablet was working perfect with Radial Menu. I had the stylus triggers the menu.
But with Huion Stylus, when I click it makes an artificial keystrokes. I checked with the Key History Window ( screenshot: https://bit.ly/3JdbklR)

and It doesn't work right with Radial Menu (even with admin privileges). It shows the radial menu for a glimpse of second when I spam the button from the stylus.

I switched RMSelectMethod to click, and the radial menu shows
RMSelectMethod = click

but then I can't click on the items because the left click of the Huion Stylus is not recognized by the radial menu ( mouse click works)

I tested with other devices :
- a Controller mapped with Xpadder: When I push the button, It behaves like the stylus. I can show the menu for a fraction of second before disappearing
- Android App: Unified Remote : which I use to send hotkeys to computer (or control a video player). It behaves same as stylus.
- Another script: I set sendlevel to 100. And tried to trigger the trigger key of radial menu with another key

It seems that a physical keypress does the job but articial don't. The wacom stylus did perfectly that :eh:

Does anyone have a similar issue using radial menu ?
Last edited by loumizhu on 26 Apr 2022, 11:21, edited 2 times in total.

underthecouchstudio

Post by underthecouchstudio » 14 Apr 2022, 22:10

I am absolutely banging my head against the wall! WHAT AM I MISSING?? On a touchscreen (SP7 with pen). I can launch RM with a #F20 hotkey, but after RM main menu shows my pen and touch (finger) will highlight a submenu button, but I can't click it, tap it, or even run another hotkey to send "LButton" to select the action. The mouse works as described as some other users have experienced...just not the the touch/pen. I have read and re-read the help file. I should be setup correctly below...I would appreciate any help or nudge in the right direction. I'm obviously not doing something correctly. Learning one, this thing is seriously awesome. I hope I can get it to work!

Code: Select all

[General]
RMSelectMethod = click
RMShowHotkey = #F20
RMShowMethod = 0
RSMShowHotkey = LButton

loumizhu

Post by loumizhu » 15 Apr 2022, 07:42

underthecouchstudio wrote:
14 Apr 2022, 22:10
I am absolutely banging my head against the wall! WHAT AM I MISSING?? On a touchscreen (SP7 with pen). I can launch RM with a #F20 hotkey, but after RM main menu shows my pen and touch (finger) will highlight a submenu button, but I can't click it, tap it, or even run another hotkey to send "LButton" to select the action. The mouse works as described as some other users have experienced...just not the the touch/pen. I have read and re-read the help file. I should be setup correctly below...I would appreciate any help or nudge in the right direction. I'm obviously not doing something correctly. Learning one, this thing is seriously awesome. I hope I can get it to work!

[General]
RMSelectMethod = click
RMShowHotkey = #F20
RMShowMethod = 0
RSMShowHotkey = LButton
underthecouchstudio : Hello 🤙🏻 seems we have similar issue :p My Tablet pen (huion kamvas) is doing the same thing
When I set
RMSelectMethod = release

I can bring the menu with the trigger key, point with the pen and release the trigger key. this works (but clicking to bring a submenu won't)
The pen makes an artificial key event :/

underthecouchstudio

Post by underthecouchstudio » 15 Apr 2022, 12:24

Understood. I'm eager to learn what I'm doing wrong. It seems so simple, and it works for most everyone else.
Maybe someone smarter than us will offer up some insight. Good luck!

quakerscholar

Post by quakerscholar » 15 Apr 2022, 14:06

Hi all, I'm sorry if this has been covered, but I'd like to be able to use this script using keyboard shortcuts rather than the mouse. In my music software of choice, Reaper, someone has coded a radial menu which is inspired by this script, and I absolutely love it. However, one of the main things I love about it is that you can use the keyboard to navigate it. Here's how I have it set up:

1 - use shortcut key to open radial menu
2 - use shortcut keys to select items (e.g. w,e,r,f,d,s to choose between 6 items - the Reaper script has just one ring which dynamically changes per menu to accommodate the number of options), or \ to navigate backwards
3 - the radial menu doesn't close until I choose to close it, remaining at the current menu until either closed or navigated away from

Is there any way this script can be used in the same way? I don't like memorising keyboard shortcuts, but also like to avoid the mouse as much as possible...

Thanks in advance :)

underthecouchstudio

Post by underthecouchstudio » 16 Apr 2022, 19:49

@Learning one Greetings and gratitude! May we ask for your assistance? Struggling with touchscreens as described above. Help file is clear, but still struggling. I appreciate your time and any feedback you may have.

submeg

Post by submeg » 16 Apr 2022, 20:02

15 Apr 2022, 12:24
Understood. I'm eager to learn what I'm doing wrong. It seems so simple, and it works for most everyone else.
Maybe someone smarter than us will offer up some insight. Good luck!
When you use the pen, what keystroke is sent? Does it send LButton?

submeg

Post by submeg » 16 Apr 2022, 20:06

quakerscholar wrote:
15 Apr 2022, 14:06
Hi all, I'm sorry if this has been covered, but I'd like to be able to use this script using keyboard shortcuts rather than the mouse. In my music software of choice, Reaper, someone has coded a radial menu which is inspired by this script, and I absolutely love it. However, one of the main things I love about it is that you can use the keyboard to navigate it. Here's how I have it set up:

1 - use shortcut key to open radial menu
2 - use shortcut keys to select items (e.g. w,e,r,f,d,s to choose between 6 items - the Reaper script has just one ring which dynamically changes per menu to accommodate the number of options), or \ to navigate backwards
3 - the radial menu doesn't close until I choose to close it, remaining at the current menu until either closed or navigated away from

Is there any way this script can be used in the same way? I don't like memorising keyboard shortcuts, but also like to avoid the mouse as much as possible...

Thanks in advance :)
For point 1: Look at the general settings.txt file. The RMShowHotkey is what you want to change. I use RAlt.
For point 3: Look at the general settings.txt file. The RMShowMethod is what you want to change. I use D; this keeps the menu up after I've triggered it with RAlt down + dragging my mouse down slightly.

For point 2: That I'm not sure. A high level guess is maybe you could find the position of the mouse cursor, and then depending on the key pressed, find the next "bubble"?

underthecouchstudio

Post by underthecouchstudio » 16 Apr 2022, 20:39

submeg wrote:
16 Apr 2022, 20:02

I was thinking it was sending RButton...Keyboard/Mouse hook don't show anything. The Surface Pen certainly seems to interact (tap = LButton, side = RButton). Tapping with finger certainly seems like a left click. How do I use that in RSMShowHotkey? Maybe that is a question beyond the scope of this particular topic?

submeg

Post by submeg » 16 Apr 2022, 21:40

16 Apr 2022, 20:39
submeg wrote:
16 Apr 2022, 20:02

I was thinking it was sending RButton...Keyboard/Mouse hook don't show anything. The Surface Pen certainly seems to interact (tap = LButton, side = RButton). Tapping with finger certainly seems like a left click. How do I use that in RSMShowHotkey? Maybe that is a question beyond the scope of this particular topic?
Are you using KeyHistory to see what strokes are being sent? I would've though the pen /stylus would replace a left click...

How do I use that in RSMShowHotkey?
To be honest, I wouldn't recommend using a "left click" to show the radial menu, it would become very annoying and would be triggered often.

underthecouchstudio

Post by underthecouchstudio » 16 Apr 2022, 22:03

submeg wrote:
16 Apr 2022, 21:40

Are you using KeyHistory to see what strokes are being sent? I would've though the pen /stylus would replace a left click...

Indeed and agreed.
How do I use that in RSMShowHotkey?
To be honest, I wouldn't recommend using a "left click" to show the radial menu, it would become very annoying and would be triggered often.
Understood, and agreed. I meant how do I use a Surface pen to "tap and select" in the Radial Menu? In my case, I'm walking with my Surface and laser distance finder measuring/navigating construction sites. So, I'm not able to use the mouse or the keyboard to select menu options. (RSMSShowHotkey)

I can use my Surface Pen eraser button (#F20) to trigger the menu initially, but from there pen/touch do not register. Only a genuine mouse click or keyboard button will "click" the option. I unsuccessfully tried Volume_Down as that button is easily accessible while keyboard is not.

Any further thoughts? I appreciate your time and input.

submeg

Post by submeg » 16 Apr 2022, 23:58

16 Apr 2022, 22:03
Understood, and agreed. I meant how do I use a Surface pen to "tap and select" in the Radial Menu? In my case, I'm walking with my Surface and laser distance finder measuring/navigating construction sites. So, I'm not able to use the mouse or the keyboard to select menu options. (RSMSShowHotkey)
Can you tap on the screen once it's triggered?

underthecouchstudio

Post by underthecouchstudio » 17 Apr 2022, 00:02

submeg wrote:
16 Apr 2022, 23:58
[/quote]

When I tap it only hovers and highlights. It *does* appear selected. It just will not click it.

submeg

Post by submeg » 17 Apr 2022, 04:54

17 Apr 2022, 00:02
submeg wrote:
16 Apr 2022, 23:58
When I tap it only hovers and highlights. It *does* appear selected. It just will not click it.
What do you have set for the following:
  • RSMShowHotkey setting? Mine is LButton, meaning LButton will trigger; which hopefully is what your PC sees when you tap the stylus.
  • RMSelectMethod setting? Mine is click, meaning it will trigger once you click the RSMShowHotkey.

underthecouchstudio

Post by underthecouchstudio » 17 Apr 2022, 10:45

@submeg
loumizhu wrote:
15 Apr 2022, 07:42
I am absolutely banging my head against the wall! WHAT AM I MISSING?? On a touchscreen (SP7 with pen). I can launch RM with a #F20 hotkey, but after RM main menu shows my pen and touch (finger) will highlight a submenu button, but I can't click it, tap it, or even run another hotkey to send "LButton" to select the action.

[General]
RMSelectMethod = click
RMShowHotkey = #F20
RMShowMethod = 0
RSMShowHotkey = LButton

submeg

Post by submeg » 18 Apr 2022, 00:26

I am absolutely banging my head against the wall! WHAT AM I MISSING?? On a touchscreen (SP7 with pen). I can launch RM with a #F20 hotkey, but after RM main menu shows my pen and touch (finger) will highlight a submenu button, but I can't click it, tap it, or even run another hotkey to send "LButton" to select the action.

[General]
RMSelectMethod = click
RMShowHotkey = #F20
RMShowMethod = 0
RSMShowHotkey = LButton
Interesting. When did you download the Radial Menu files? Was it recently? I know my RM broke at the start of the year, and after doing an update (see the post HERE), it was working again.

underthecouchstudio

Post by underthecouchstudio » 18 Apr 2022, 11:27

submeg wrote:
18 Apr 2022, 00:26
Interesting. When did you download the Radial Menu files? Was it recently? I know my RM broke at the start of the year, and after doing an update (see the post HERE), it was working again.
Yes, I downloaded RM v4.48 on April 14th 2022.

submeg

Post by submeg » 18 Apr 2022, 20:59

18 Apr 2022, 11:27
submeg wrote:
18 Apr 2022, 00:26
Yes, I downloaded RM v4.48 on April 14th 2022.
Currently asking some others to see if they have it working (I have a surface, but don't use the radial menu with my surface pen - and it's flat as well...)

underthecouchstudio

Post by underthecouchstudio » 18 Apr 2022, 21:00

submeg wrote:
18 Apr 2022, 20:59
Currently asking some others to see if they have it working (I have a surface, but don't use the radial menu with my surface pen - and it's flat as well...)
I appreciate the help, @submeg

josex89

Post by josex89 » 25 Apr 2022, 20:57

how do I add the photoshop lasso tool to the radial menu?

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”