EitherMouse 0.8 - Multiple mice, individual settings...

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
Archimede

Re: EitherMouse 0.8 - Multiple mice, individual settings...

Post by Archimede » 31 Oct 2022, 17:53

I tested the previous version, that is very interesting.
I think a new option can be added: if is possible, I think very useful to set a different screen margin for every mouse: in a 2 monitor system, a mouse cursor can have one screen margins and another mouse cursor can have other screen margins...

HansS

EitherMouse 0.85 not working for RDP

Post by HansS » 27 Nov 2022, 10:19

I tried EitherMouse.exe 0.85 and it works fine locally, but if I connect to some other PC via RDP the buttons of the left mouse are not switched any more, so I can't use the left mouse in this RDP session. I already tried to start EitherMouse.exe as admin, but this did not make any difference. Did I miss some important setting, or does it not work any more?

With old EitherMouse.ahk 0.41 and AutoHotkey 1.1.22.02 RDP was working, but this old version did not work for programs started as admin.

Win10 pro 22H2

markusschloesser

Post by markusschloesser » 27 Nov 2022, 12:57

Hi,
been using it for ages, still loving it, especially the mirroring!
Problem: New additional screen with touch, when I touch the screen, the cursor reverts to normal / "right-y" alignment. But I cannot edit the "touch-mouse" as the eithermouse popup immediately disappears. Could there be an option to either being able edit one device with another (basically choose device to edit), or have a global mirroring?

bigarro

Post by bigarro » 08 Jan 2023, 20:06

Scroll Wheel Speed doesn't work in Firefox.
It doesn't work even with Firefox's smooth scrolling turned off.
It works on Edge.
Is there any solution?

EitherMouse 0.85
Firefox 108.0.8 (64bit)
Windows 11 Home 22H2

gwarble

Post by gwarble » 09 Jan 2023, 19:38

bigarro:
Hmm... does the normal windows "Mouse Properties" scroll speed adjustment apply in Firefox?
- If not, EitherMouse might not be the solution (Firefox option maybe?)
- If yes, is Firefox running as administrator?
- If so, run EitherMouse as administrator also and check
- If not, I'm not sure... do the other mouse settings apply in Firefox?

markusschloesser:
I've been meaning to add that ability for years, just haven't got around to it. If you're keen on registry editing, look in HKCU\Software\EitherMouse and you can manually edit the options that way.

HansS:
RDP (and VNC) support has also been on my list, never got around to a solution, sorry
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .

markusschloesser

Post by markusschloesser » 09 Jan 2023, 20:20

gwarble wrote:
09 Jan 2023, 19:38
markusschloesser:
I've been meaning to add that ability for years, just haven't got around to it. If you're keen on registry editing, look in HKCU\Software\EitherMouse and you can manually edit the options that way.
Thanks! How I do find out, which of all the listed ones, it is?
Also what is the registry entry for "Mirror Cursor" and to what value does it need to be set?

gwarble

Post by gwarble » 09 Jan 2023, 21:16

When you move the specific mouse while the EitherMouse gui is open, the mouse name in the middle will change (ie "Mouse 2"), look for the entry with that "nick"

"Mirror Cursor" is a binary toggle, set it to 1 to enable.
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .

markusschloesser

Post by markusschloesser » 09 Jan 2023, 21:56

gwarble wrote:
09 Jan 2023, 21:16
When you move the specific mouse while the EitherMouse gui is open, the mouse name in the middle will change (ie "Mouse 2"), look for the entry with that "nick"

"Mirror Cursor" is a binary toggle, set it to 1 to enable.
yeah, but it's not a mouse, it's a touchscreen :-)
I do not have any entry named"mirror cursor" in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\EitherMouse (Win10),
I only have (Default), Button, Clicklock, Cursor (but all mouses have that set to 1 already), Double, Epp, Handle, Icon, Name, Nav, Nick, RevHScroll, RevScroll, SnapTo, Speed, Wheel, WheelClick

gwarble

Post by gwarble » 10 Jan 2023, 13:45

The subkeys are always Mouse1, Mouse2, Mouse3, etc... and under that, the "Cursor" key should be set to 0 for normal, 1 for mirrored.

On my touch screen testing, the cursor disappears when using the touch screen, which is not preventable by EitherMouse as far as I know (but never looked into a solution if that is what you are talking about)

markusschloesser

Post by markusschloesser » 11 Jan 2023, 19:09

I found the problem! The mouse cursor for touch screens is a slightly different one. In comparison to the normal a bit bigger. So how do I mirror that one?

(btw I had to make my touchscreen my "primary/main" monitor, otherwise the icons were only shown on the non-touchscreen and therefor I couldn't access EitherMouse)

bigarro

Post by bigarro » 20 Jan 2023, 23:58

gwarble wrote:
09 Jan 2023, 19:38
bigarro:
Hmm... does the normal windows "Mouse Properties" scroll speed adjustment apply in Firefox?
Thanks for the reply gwarble
>does the normal windows "Mouse Properties" scroll speed adjustment apply in Firefox? --> Yes.
>- If yes, is Firefox running as administrator? --> No.
>- If so, run EitherMouse as administrator also and check --> I tried it but it didn't change.
>- If not, I'm not sure... do the other mouse settings apply in Firefox? --> I turned off auto scroll and smooth scroll in firefox, but nothing changed.

Naztrida

Post by Naztrida » 21 Mar 2023, 02:54

I have used EitherMouse for what feels like forever, and I really appreciate it. Now I recently switched to Macbook Pro, and I have trouble finding a similar software.

Can you help? :)

Thanks
Naztrida

gwarble

Post by gwarble » 21 Mar 2023, 22:03

nope, sorry i don't know of anything, EitherMouse and AutoHotkey are windows only

I-dont-know1324

Post by I-dont-know1324 » 24 Mar 2023, 10:57

I just want to say thank you! you are a genius and a life saver! I have young onset Parkinson's and am only 40, not ready to quit working, but when my meds are not working properly, it is almost impossible to use my right handed mouse. You have saved me from having to keep switch between the two. I seriously couldn't express enough how helpful this is for people like me, I have a co-worker with the exact same issue and I am going to go get this set up for him.

gwarble

Post by gwarble » 01 Apr 2023, 20:26

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad to hear you find it useful!

Liveor

Post by Liveor » 09 Apr 2023, 06:40

I found a script that can change the speed of the wheel. I just have to find a way to determine which of the two mice is currently active. I found EitherMouse and was unspeakably surprised to find that it already did exactly what I had in mind! For half a year, I've been manually switching this scrolling speed using my gaming mouse and magic mouse in turn. If only I had known that my problem was solved...
Thanks a lot :)

gwarble

Post by gwarble » 10 Apr 2023, 22:54

Thanks for the feedback, I'm happy to hear you find it useful. I wish I still had free time to keep improving it but its hard to find...

AutoHotBluey

Post by AutoHotBluey » 11 Jun 2023, 08:21

Hey @gwarble, Can you tell me how the multi-cursor works?, cause I’m really curious.

gwarble

Post by gwarble » 12 Jun 2023, 22:33

If you mean how does it work for the user, I would say just try it and it will make more sense than I can explain, but basically it simulates two separate cursors, but does not allow simultaneous usage. So if one mouse moves, then switching to the other mouse will switch over to the last location of that mouse's cursor, leaving behind a placeholder for the last mouse to resume when switched back...

If you mean how does it work behind the scenes, basically it uses the RawInput API. EitherMouse is open source, check the code if you're interested in the low level functionality, just install it with the "Include source" option.

Otherwise feel free to ask more specifically if you want.

nofreewill

Post by nofreewill » 04 Aug 2023, 18:43

This is a minor detail but there seems to be a bug with the Mirror Cursors option:

If I use a custom cursor or cursor other than the default (black etc.) it makes my Text selection and Crosshair cursors invisible when using the left-handed mouse, which makes it incredibly hard to do many mundane tasks. I tried setting my full roster of left handed cursors manually using Mouse settings, but it seems like it only has separate settings for all the other mouse options? I know including a left-handed cursor pack may not make sense or be too much work, but it would be great if the default was letting us set our own cursors separately for each mouse in Mouse options.

PS your software is awesome!

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”