EitherMouse 0.8 - Multiple mice, individual settings...

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
Kruskal

Re: EitherMouse 0.8 - Multiple mice, individual settings...

Post by Kruskal » 17 Dec 2020, 14:10

gwarble wrote:
17 Dec 2020, 09:21
mirror meaning left handed, ie mirrored across the x axis visually

so EitherMouse by itself with no other mouse utilities or ahk scripts running is making your cursor disappear? does it happen with windows dedault mouse cursor scheme? any behavior that seems to cause it?
Ah, I didn't notice the cursor pointed the other way when "mirrored". But why the change of color? Why is mirroring preferred by some of your users?

I am running other AHK scripts, but not mouse oriented. My Mouse Pointer Scheme says <none>. Haven't detected any use that causes the disappearance.

I turned off Enable Pointer Shadow since it wasn't working anyway and seemed a little animated. Haven't had a problem since. Not much use since then, though. Maybe that's it.

RSMilward

Post by RSMilward » 17 Dec 2020, 14:26

I have 2 trackballs (left & right), and the mirrored cursors let me easily distinguish between them.

Kruskal

Post by Kruskal » 17 Dec 2020, 16:06

Brilliant!

gwarble

Post by gwarble » 17 Dec 2020, 16:11

Yes the left handed (mirrored) cursors are useful to distinguish and more intuitive for some left handed mouse users... It doesn't change the color on purpose, it just doesn't know yours are purple (it can be any color you want as long as its white ;) )

I will see if I can duplicate your problem on my end...
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .

Kruskal

Post by Kruskal » 19 Dec 2020, 15:20

Kruskal wrote:
17 Dec 2020, 14:10

<Clipped>

I turned off Enable Pointer Shadow since it wasn't working anyway and seemed a little animated. Haven't had a problem since. Not much use since then, though. Maybe that's it.
It's been a couple of days now running with no Pointer Shadow. Not one incidence of disappearing cursor yet.

RSMilward

Post by RSMilward » 04 Jun 2021, 15:41

New (?) issue: EitherMouse on 2 monitors.
Landscape monitor in front of me and portrait monitor to my right, with left- and right-handed trackballs (Elecom EX-G), and EM in mirrored-cursor mode. The right cursor on portrait
monitor jumps position _a lot_ when I move the left cursor on landscape. Left monitor is 2560x1440, right is 1200x1920 and close to vertically centered on left.
I see this difference at the top of eithermouse.ahk:
DeltaX%ActiveMouse% := NumGet(raw, (20+A_PtrSize*2), "Int")*4
DeltaY%ActiveMouse% := NumGet(raw, (24+A_PtrSize*2), "Int")*4
I'm using eithermouse.exe v.084 on updated Win10Home (no AutoHotKey).

gwarble

Post by gwarble » 05 Jun 2021, 19:24

@Kruskal: Thanks for the update I overlooked months ago... I'm not sure why that would have any effect but I will keep it on my radar.

@RSMilward: I can't think of any reason that landscape/portrait monitor would have any effect, but do the two monitors have two different DPIs set (ie scale/size over 100%)?
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .

RSMilward

Post by RSMilward » 10 Jun 2021, 19:55

Yes, my monitors are set differently: left side (2560x1440) is at 125%, the right side (1200x1920) is at 100%. It's an extended desktop setup, with left as the primary display.

gwarble

Post by gwarble » 11 Jun 2021, 09:15

That's probably the cause, I haven't tried a setup like that but I will try to find a solution.

RSMilward

Post by RSMilward » 31 Jan 2022, 11:06

Malwarebytes says the site www.eithermouse.com has a trojan - you should check that.

gwarble

Post by gwarble » 02 Feb 2022, 11:59

Unfortunately I have been unsuccessful in fighting the unfair false-positive situation that big companies are imposing on independent developers (and meanwhile undermining the effectiveness of true malicious code detection) /rant

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/256759-eithermouse/
viewtopic.php?p=289544#p289544
https://eithermouse.com/

Edit 3/23/22: I will say that moving to GitHub has mitigated a lot of false positive reports as well as my own perception of the problem trying to download and run the .exe's from www.EitherMouse.com with a bunch of false red flags

madscijr

Post by madscijr » 15 Apr 2022, 10:40

Has anyone used EitherMouse to use multiple mice as separate controllers for a multiplayer video game? If so, could you post links to any sample code? Any idea if & how this might be done from VBA or QB64 code? Thanks...

gwarble

Post by gwarble » 15 Apr 2022, 10:54

EitherMouse won't help you for that, but if you use the RawInput API that EitherMouse uses within the game it can be done, just not from a seperate process. If you are not the author of the game, then I doubt it will be possible as the game itself needs to be written to understand what two seperate mice actually are.

madscijr

Post by madscijr » 15 Apr 2022, 11:45

gwarble wrote:
15 Apr 2022, 10:54
EitherMouse won't help you for that, but if you use the RawInput API that EitherMouse uses within the game it can be done, just not from a seperate process. If you are not the author of the game, then I doubt it will be possible as the game itself needs to be written to understand what two seperate mice actually are.
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I would be the programmer. I did find some C, C++ and C# examples, which seem to be a lot lower level than what I'm used to or know how to do in basic or scripting languages, and aren't the easiest to follow. The hope was that EitherMouse could handle the low level details & heavy lifting, and pass the various input values for the mice onto my program's higher level code.
Thanks again!

Dangerdad

Post by Dangerdad » 21 Apr 2022, 14:04

False flags suck. Windows 11 was blocking my download and even had a problem allowing an exception. I submitted the installer to the MS defender site, and managed to get the detection removed:
At this time, the submitted files do not meet our criteria for malware or potentially unwanted applications. The detection has been removed

gwarble

Post by gwarble » 21 Apr 2022, 21:04

Dangerdad: thanks, the more users that submit it to different vendors the better, i hope

madscijr: its easier than it seems at first, but if you’re writing your game with ahk i can probably help, if not at least the concepts are the same if you know your language. email me if want

lamer_v5

Post by lamer_v5 » 26 Apr 2022, 19:41

Are there any compatibility issues with Windows 11? I'm trying to set up a new laptop the same way my old one was set up. I had a touchpad and a virtual mouse using Input Director. It worked perfectly; EitherMouse detected both the touchpad and the virtual mouse just fine. This let me keep EPP enabled for the touchpad while killing it for mouse.

On this laptop, though, I can't seem to get it to work. It only sees one device, "Mouse 1," whether I'm using the trackpad or the mouse. I've tried toggling "Ignore Zero Device," but it didn't seem to do anything helpful in this case.

Any suggestions would be awesome. I loved this program on my old laptop -- saved my fingers when I had to use touchpad. Thanks!

gwarble

Post by gwarble » 26 Apr 2022, 21:09

I've done very limited testing on Windows 11 but didn't experience any issues. I think the fact that you are on different hardware is more likely the cause, but I'm not positive. If you have any other mouse software or drivers running that you can disable, the mouse is more likely to register with a proper "handle" than if it is manipulated by the third party drivers. If that doesn't help, I can walk you through deeper diagnosis to determine the problem, and if its Windows 11 (or something else under my control) I will try to fix it

czbird

Post by czbird » 29 Oct 2022, 02:14

Hi,
I've installed EitherMouse to be able to swap buttons only on connected Logitech mouse without affecting touchpad buttons but sadly, it's not working.
EitherMouse only detects one mouse when started and changing the buttons in the application changes them on both the mouse and the touchpad.
Or I simply could not find the way on how to tell the software that there are two pointing devices.
The touchpad uses some default MS driver from 2006, switching to Synaptics driver did not help to fix the issue.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

gwarble

Post by gwarble » 31 Oct 2022, 09:43

Try toggling "ignore zero device" in the advanced settings menu... If so your devices' driver software package might be interfering and blocking the device ID from being detectable by EitherMouse, the workaround setting might help but if both devices are like that it might still not really work the way you want without uninstalling some of the mouse drivers/software

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”