EitherMouse 0.8 - Multiple mice, individual settings...

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
gwarble

Re: EitherMouse 0.8 - Multiple mice, individual settings...

Post by gwarble » 14 Sep 2019, 16:40

I hadn't fully developed the two new options (and one more):

- Turn on Click Lock
- Disable Wheel Click
- Snap To Default Button

with a per mouse setting, so here it is in the Beta version for testing:
https://www.eithermouse.com/Beta/

its about time to make a simple gui and an advanced gui, thats too many options in a small window, i don’t like it
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .

markusschloesser

Post by markusschloesser » 18 Sep 2019, 07:44

since the last 1 or 2 versions I have the problem that the mouse cursor vanishes a lot, which is really disturbing my workflow since I'm constantly searching for it. Happens over text input fields like this one but also over plain text (for example your footer "Either Mouse - Multiple ....."). Any way to fix that? Would be great! :-)

gwarble

Post by gwarble » 18 Sep 2019, 08:55

Hmm, thats not good... are you using MultiCursor mode? Windows 10?

I’m sure we can fix it but i haven’t seen this problem, can you try out v0.759 and see if its back to normal:
www.EitherMouse.com/Archive
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .

TheShanMan

Post by TheShanMan » 18 Sep 2019, 16:46

I just discovered your ahk script today. Either it's not working correctly for me or I can't figure out how to configure it. How do I get it to show me different settings for each mouse? I tried popping up the window with one mouse, configuring accordingly, then popping up the window with the other mouse, but the settings seem to be common regardless of which mouse I'm using. I can't find any instructions on how to get it to recognize that there are 2 mice and configure them individually.

gwarble

Post by gwarble » 18 Sep 2019, 16:58

as soon as you start using the second mouse the settings will change to that one... The text box should change from Mouse1 to Mouse2... if it doesn’t then its not detecting the mice properly, in which case go to “diagnostic info” from the advanced menu and copy that info to me and wemll figure it out

thanks for the feedback, you could also try v0.759 from
and see if you get different results, as I made some changes recently that might be causing problems, like for the previous poster above

- joel

markusschloesser

Post by markusschloesser » 18 Sep 2019, 17:59

gwarble wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 08:55
Hmm, thats not good... are you using MultiCursor mode? Windows 10?

I’m sure we can fix it but i haven’t seen this problem, can you try out v0.759 and see if its back to normal:
Will try with the old version and report, but no no multi cursor. I mainly use it for left hand click swapping and cursor mirroring. And as I have a surface dial and a "nob kontrol" I need to disable that for it

gwarble

Post by gwarble » 18 Sep 2019, 19:16

cool, those look like fun devices!

if you’re not using multicursor mode, does it still happen if you don’t mirror the cursor? If its over any text, maybe your “ibeam” cursor got messed up, try using the windows mouse controlpanel to set the cursors again

also, both of you guys may want to try the latest version which i’ve been doing another round of code cleanup and improvements, maybe i’ve fixed one or both of your problems inadvertantly:
www.EitherMouse.com/Beta

markusschloesser

Post by markusschloesser » 18 Sep 2019, 21:06

ok, in the windows mouse setting everything was still set to default, the beta version didn't help neither, BUT disabling swapping cursor and reenabling it again fixed the problem! So thank you! :-)
btw the "hover over a link" hand is working fine in e.g. the browser but is not mirrored in Windows Mail (10, 1809), could you fix that?

gwarble

Post by gwarble » 19 Sep 2019, 00:15

hmm, not sure why that would have fixed it, but i will look into it, thanks again
Edit: yeah pretty obvious bug i was able to recreate in the beta version but not the current regular version 0.81... i just uploaded beta v0.84 if you want to try it out

as for the Windows Mail cursor, maybe it is creating its own cursor? i don’t use it, but try setting your cursors in the control panel to something different and see if Mail displays it... if not there’s not really a way for EitherMouse to override it

TheShanMan

Post by TheShanMan » 25 Sep 2019, 18:12

gwarble wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 16:58
as soon as you start using the second mouse the settings will change to that one... The text box should change from Mouse1 to Mouse2... if it doesn’t then its not detecting the mice properly, in which case go to “diagnostic info” from the advanced menu and copy that info to me and wemll figure it out

thanks for the feedback, you could also try v0.759 from
and see if you get different results, as I made some changes recently that might be causing problems, like for the previous poster above

- joel
0.759 worked. Thank you! This is awesome!

markusschloesser

Post by markusschloesser » 25 Sep 2019, 18:39

0.84 seems to have fixed my problem, thank you! :-)
However, before, the surface dial was found as a mouse and I could configure it, now eithermouse only detects one mouse.Any idea what might have triggered that change? oh and (at least) 0.83 triggered a virus alert with windows defender "Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.B"

gwarble

Post by gwarble » 25 Sep 2019, 20:49

ok good, thanks for reporting back

now try unchecking “ignore zero device” from the advanced menu... unfortunately the touch screen and touch pad on a surface both register as a software mouse (ie no device handle, ie “zero device”, i plan to rename the option) i assume the surface dial is the same

gwarble

Post by gwarble » 26 Sep 2019, 16:03

markusschloesser wrote:
25 Sep 2019, 18:39
oh and (at least) 0.83 triggered a virus alert with windows defender "Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.B"
sorry i don’t know what to do about the false positives except tell people to ignore it and/or submit it to your vendor

Send a report to Microsoft about a misidentified file (false positive):
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/security/portal/submission/submit.aspx

Reporting to other vendors:
https://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-report-malware-or-false-positives-multiple-antivirus-vendors.htm

Add an exclusion to Windows Defender Antivirus:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028485/windows-10-add-an-exclusion-to-windows-defender-antivirus

More links:
http://blog.nirsoft.net/2009/05/17/antivirus-companies-cause-a-big-headache-to-small-developers/
http://blog.nirsoft.net/2015/10/18/antivirus-statistics-and-scores-according-to-false-positives-of-nirsoft-tools/

c600g

Post by c600g » 07 Oct 2019, 11:37

Hi, Wondering if you would consider making EitherMouse installable from Chocolatey to make installation automatable by multiple products?
Home: https chocolatey.org Broken Link for safety
How to Create Packages: https chocolatey.org /docs/create-packages Broken Link for safety

Bill Board

Post by Bill Board » 07 Oct 2019, 16:49

New version works :D Thank you!

c600g

Post by c600g » 16 Oct 2019, 08:26

Is there a way to view and/or edit all of the EitherMouse managed mouse configs?

gwarble

Post by gwarble » 16 Oct 2019, 12:37

Bill Board: great, thanks for the feedback

c600g: I will look into chocolatey, but I can't say I see the real benefit to a system like that

There currently isn't a way to do that, new gui planned but it will take some time. For now you have to use the mouse you want to adjust.

c600g

Post by c600g » 16 Oct 2019, 22:46

Choco: Thank you for considering. "Real benefit": It's for your users. When setting up new machines (laptop, desktop, VMs), manual installs are time consuming. Automated installs (a la choco) make it very easy to install (and update).

View mouse configs: Understood on UI feature. Where does EitherMouse store the data? Is it an ascii file so can easily see it? With a few different configurations in use on my laptop, the "Mouse 4" is not always "Mouse 4" - changes/depends on the used port. I've wanted to see the settings of another config to know what to set the current one to.

gwarble

Post by gwarble » 17 Oct 2019, 09:47

The configuration data is stored in the registry, HKCU\Software\EitherMouse\, you can manually look through and see what is saved for each mouse.

As for chocolatey, I will have to try it to see how its faster/more automate-able than simple command line parameters like "/install /quiet"

c600g

Post by c600g » 18 Oct 2019, 08:00

Choco provides the centralized infra to automatically download and install Windows apps, removing the painful manual process. Choco doesn't replace the Windows installer, it runs each app's install program. Choco wraps around each app's installer with versioning so users can install hundreds of apps, yours included, with one command. e.g. "choco install EitherMouse" to download and install the latest version. e.g. "choco update EItherMouse" to check if the choco repo has a new version and, if so, download and install it.

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”