[Script] Quick Picto Viewer v5+

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
tuzi

Re: [Script] Quick Picto Viewer and Fast Slideshow creator

Post by tuzi » 01 Feb 2021, 05:58

Sorry, maybe I didn't express clearly.
Gdip_SetInterpolationMode(G, 0) fast and no moire.
Other options, such as Gdip_SetInterpolationMode(G, 1) slow and have moire.

robodesign

Post by robodesign » 01 Feb 2021, 06:11

tuzi wrote:
01 Feb 2021, 05:58
Sorry, maybe I didn't express clearly.
Gdip_SetInterpolationMode(G, 0) fast and no moire.
Other options, such as Gdip_SetInterpolationMode(G, 1) slow and have moire.
Thank you . I have read your messages attentively. I am aware of those modes. I spent days to analyze the different modes. Default mode [0] is not as fast as nearest neighbour [5]. What is interesting for me about default mode is that... GDI+ will resize the image keeping the memory usage at bay when the resized bitmap GDI+ object is locked onto a file. Of course , the MSDN documentation does not say anything about it...

Best regards, Marius.
-------------------------
KeyPress OSD v4: GitHub or forum. (presentation video)
Quick Picto Viewer: GitHub or forum.
AHK GDI+ expanded / compilation library (on GitHub)
My home page.

robodesign

Post by robodesign » 03 Feb 2021, 08:10

Hello, guys!

A new version of Quick Picto Viewer is here:

- v4.8.6 (2021-02-03)
- [new] freeform polygonal and curved/spline-based selection areas support [ Shift + L ]
- [new] edit freeform polygonal shape or selection after finalising it
- [new] by holding long left-click during freeform shape drawing, one can draw the path freely
- [new] keyboard shortcuts to adjust the overall position of the freeform shape during editing, and to adjust the X/Y coordinates of the first or last point of the path: Alt + arrow keys, PgUp/PgDn, Home/End
- [new] option to apply viewport colour adjustments/effects outside the selected area [ Ctrl+Shift+U ]
- [new] information box [ I ] can be displayed in the thumbnails list mode as well ; it will show image and thumbnails list information
- [new] keyboard shortcuts and menu options for quick image adjustments straight in the list/thumbs mode: flip, rotate or apply colour adjustments, with no prompts
- [new] option to randomly select files in the list ;-)
- improvements to image editing; more tools allow for selection area to extend beyond the image boundaries
- improvements related to the folders tree view
- reorganized menus: «selection area», «current file», and «image view» when in thumbnails mode
- bug fixes related to «add noise» and «detect edges» filters that caused crashes
- bug fixes related to crashes occuring in the «Fill shape» panel and improvements to real-time glass preview
- bug fixes related to multi-rename search and replace; it was trimming spaces from the beginning and end
- bug fixes related to files list filters panel

Dedicated to anyone who used a 486-DX2 ^_^ .

Best regards, Marius.
My home page.

neogna2

Post by neogna2 » 06 Feb 2021, 04:01

Hi Marius, on my not very new PC there is a noticeable lag when navigating from one photo in fullscreen or large window view to the next/previous. Is there some setting to reduce that delay, perhaps an option to preload/cache the N next/previous full images in memory?

Your program is growing more complex with each new feature. Have you considered also releasing a minimal version of it? One that supports only very common image formats (jpg png and a few more) and can rotate and zoom in/out but not much more than that. Its competitive edge would be in speed, simplicity and relatively small vulnerability surface (the more image formats supported, the more possibilities that one of the image decoders has some vulnerability against malformed image files). Alternative programs like IrFanView and Imageglass are presented as minimal but are really very feature rich so there could be a niche to fill for a really minimal viewer.

robodesign

Post by robodesign » 06 Feb 2021, 07:22

neogna2 wrote:
06 Feb 2021, 04:01
Hi Marius, on my not very new PC there is a noticeable lag when navigating from one photo in fullscreen or large window view to the next/previous. Is there some setting to reduce that delay, perhaps an option to preload/cache the N next/previous full images in memory?

Your program is growing more complex with each new feature. Have you considered also releasing a minimal version of it? One that supports only very common image formats (jpg png and a few more) and can rotate and zoom in/out but not much more than that. Its competitive edge would be in speed, simplicity and relatively small vulnerability surface (the more image formats supported, the more possibilities that one of the image decoders has some vulnerability against malformed image files). Alternative programs like IrFanView and Imageglass are presented as minimal but are really very feature rich so there could be a niche to fill for a really minimal viewer.
Could you please elaborate on the lag you are experiencing? How big is the folder you opened? Do you have viewport colour effects or other effects enabled? Do you have activated "skip seen images" (found in slideshow sub-menu)? Do you have high quality image resampling activated or ambiental background?

Freeimage library is used only for image formats that are not supported by gdiplus. However there's an option at preferences submenu with which you can enforce it for any format.

The features I added until now and the different image formats support, I found that don't slowdown the application. Some of the previously mentioned features do slowdown the drawing of images on screen but only when activated.

I have already thought about "feature creep" conundrum... And I don't know what to do about this.... I'm thinking about it....

Thank you for your feedback.

Best regards, Marius
My home page.

robodesign

Post by robodesign » 11 Feb 2021, 12:21

Hello, guys!

I am back at it again.... with a new release bringing many bug fixes and minor new features.

- v4.8.9 (2021-02-11)
- [new] image preview in files list view mode
- [new] desature colours option now brings a panel with live previewing, where users are given finer control over how to desaturate colours in the image selected area
- [new] «blur selected area» panel allows users to pixelize area when soft edges is activated; previously, this was not possible
- [new] blending modes are now available in «blur selected area» panel
- [new] multiple files delete dialog offers two new options: do not delete files matching search criteria, or in «protected folder»
- [new] option to set a folder as «protected»; when deleting files in batch, those found in the protected folder are skipped
- [new] the search and replace dialog allows users to perform such actions in the seen images database as well
- [new] right-click on menu items to have the text displayed large [for people with poor eye sight], this was already possible in settings or tool panels
- [improvement] there are now two distinct options: «skip already seen images during slideshows» and the other option is: «record seen images»
- fixed bugs related to the «Blur selected area» and «Transform» tools when used with large images and rotated selections; the results were not matching the user selected area
- fixed image navigator not responding properly to clicks when images in the viewport were aligned to the top-left corner
- improvements to shift+right-click menu [made it more context aware]

Feedback is always welcomed.

Source files on Github:
https://github.com/marius-sucan/Quick-Picto-Viewer

ZIP Package compiled [x64 / x32]
http://marius.sucan.ro/media/files/blog/ahk-scripts/quick-picto-viewer-compiled.zip

Best regards, Marius.
My home page.

robodesign

Re: [Script] Quick Picto Viewer v4

Post by robodesign » 13 Feb 2021, 15:46

Hello, guys!

I made an image from scratch, from zero, in Quick Picto Viewer. This is the result:

It is for Valentine's Day ^_^ . I used only QPV's tools, nothing else.

Best regards, Marius.
My home page.

robodesign

Post by robodesign » 18 Feb 2021, 14:15

Hello!

I just released a new version of Quick Picto Viewer . It brings many features mainly related to image files organization. And as always, bug fixes, some embarassing ones I found in the previous release.

- v4.9.1 (2021-02-18)
- [new] QPV will now highlight the groups of duplicate images in thumbnails view
- [new] panel to review the list of selected files [useful in the context of finding dupes and auto-select]
- [new] keyboard shortcut (S key) to select the other images from the active duplicates group
- [new] option in «find duplicates» panel to filter the results with a user given string
- [new] users can now merge/import different Quick Picto Viewer cached files lists into each other; when two databases are merged, QPV attempts to preserve the already cached data from both databases
- [new] option to extend the protected folder to its sub-folders
- [new] option to remove favourited images from the current files list; useful when both lists are huge ;-)
- improved help panel
- various bug fixes

Best regards, Marius.
My home page.

robodesign

Post by robodesign » 22 Feb 2021, 12:27

And back again...

- v4.9.2 (2021-02-22)
- considerably optimized disk usage [and performance] when rescanning the folders [in the context of a SQLite database files list]
- now one can abort safely a merger of databases or «regenerate entire list» when a database is opened
- optimizations for «search index» [F3 keyboard key]
- minor fixes or changes; folders named «0» are now opened;

Quick Picto Viewer was succesfully, and reoccuringly, tested on 1.5 million images, to identify dupes and organize.

Best regards, Marius.
My home page.

robodesign

Post by robodesign » 15 Mar 2021, 12:17

Hello, guys!

A new version is finally ready. It brings one of my most wanted features: hamming distance calculations ^_^ . In other words, users can now identify image duplicates in a much better way. A new option was added in the «Find dupes» panel to this end. When this option is enabled, the Hamming distance between image hashes will be calculated, to identify their similarity and list as results those that are under the user specified threshold.

This new version is an important one and anyone attempting to use it for organizing image collections, should update to. It fixes crucial issues related to how databases are handled and improves performance.

Change log:
- v4.9.6 (2021-03-15)
- [new] files list filter panel now has the option to invert filter for chosen image property; eg. file size not between 300 and 900 kb;
- [new] hamming distance image duplicates filtering mode, with multi-threaded execution and caching; this allows users to find dupes previously not possible to identify [option only available on the x64 edition]
- [new] implemented support for multipage formats in Freeimage: gif and tiff; previously, such formats were supported only through gdi+
- [new] option to quickly select files in same folder [press E in list view]
- when more than 50 files are selected, QPV will prompt users before exit
- improved databases merger function; it will use less memory and it will no longer royally mess-up the order of files
- improved performance for the image statistics panel when a database is opened; from 2.5 minutes to generate the stats, down to 25 seconds; for 1.45 million records;
- improved performance when opening file list databases
- improved mechanisms to prevent users from adding to the index the same folders
- important bug fixes related to inserting or rescaning folders when an SQL database is opened
- various other fixes and minor improvements

Feedback, critique and suggestions... as always, welcomed. Many thanks to @TheArkive.

Best regards, Marius.
My home page.

ozzii

Post by ozzii » 16 Mar 2021, 04:22

As always Marius, thank you for your hard work on this.

tuzi

Post by tuzi » 17 Mar 2021, 22:22

i saw gdi.ahk, thank you Marius , thank you for your hard and great work!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

robodesign

Post by robodesign » 21 Mar 2021, 03:27

Thank you guys!

@tuzi. Glad to hear that you like the library. It's not yet done, I plan to extend it, but I focus way too much on the main application (QPV). I'll release the GDI library at some point...

Best regards, Marius.
My home page.

robodesign

Re: [Script] Quick Picto Viewer v5+

Post by robodesign » 29 Mar 2021, 13:57

Hello, guys!

I am back at it again! ^_^ A new release... focused on usability, user interface and user experience improvements. I have analyzed other image viewers and this is the result of the ideas I got from them. The menu structure has changed a lot and... here's the change log:

- v5.0.1 (2021-03-29)
- [new] highly customizable viewport grid
- [new] set background music for the entire slideshow; if audio annotations are associated with image files, they will be played alongside the slideshow music
- [new] option to have the canvas of the image automatically expand when pasting in place an image if the image object exceeds the boundaries; this applies for the Transform tool as well
- [new] predefined custom selection shapes: stars, heart, callouts and so on
- [new] option to flip horizontally/vertically any custom selection shape
- [new] the ability to cut/copy/paste folders in the folder tree panel
- pasting clipboard contents or acquiring images through WIA now no longer erases undo levels in the currently edited image; the pasted [or acquired] image will instead be added as an undo level itself; the pasted [or acquired] images will be always added as undo levels, to the current image
- list views offer now real-time scrolling
- quick menu bar no longer causes flickers and unwanted reflows when switching from image view to thumbs list; it is also more dynamic now, based on the context
- [major] reorganized the menu structure and hopefully improved usability for new users; already existing features should be better exposed to people using the mouse
- fixed viewport performance regression since v4.9.1
- fixed image cropping bug
- fixed text insert low-quality rendition during live editing; it should be bearable now
- various other bug fixes or improvements

As always, critique, bashing, suggestions and ideas are welcomed with open arms ;-).

Best regards, Marius.
My home page.

robodesign

Post by robodesign » 15 Apr 2021, 13:19

Hello, guys!

A new version inspired by @TheArkive , and his work on GDI library. This new version features optimizations for how an image is displayed on screen, how it behaves on zooming, on panning. The main function dealing with this was rewritten.

However , my favourite new feature is the search panel. Yes, to help users find stuff in the menus in Quick Picto Viewer , I added search functionality ^_^ .

- v5.0.5 (2021-04-15)
- [new] option to stretch the image at given dimension [print image panel]
- [new] quick menu options search panel; users can now search through the myriad of menu options; only the options available in the given context are listed; fuzzy search implemented with the help of Tidbit;
- optimizations regarding list drawing; should be faster on large screens
- optimizations for the full image viewport display; should be faster on large screens under certain circumstances; it now performs partial redrawing on image panning and zoom out - only when needed
- .... and random bug fixes ^_^

Source files on Github:
https://github.com/marius-sucan/Quick-Picto-Viewer

ZIP Package compiled [x64 / x32]
http://marius.sucan.ro/media/files/blog/ahk-scripts/quick-picto-viewer-compiled.zip

The source files and required DLLs included within the ZIP package.

Happy to hear any kind of feedback from you guys.

Best regards, Marius.
My home page.

robodesign

Post by robodesign » 05 May 2021, 10:18

Hello!

I am working on the brushes tools: simple/soft edges brush, cloner, eraser and effect brush.

I made a simple video to demonstrate the upcoming new image editing tools:

In the video you may notice I also used the transform tool, paste in place and blending modes.

Best regards, Marius.

My home page.

tuzi

Post by tuzi » 06 May 2021, 21:16

robodesign wrote:
05 May 2021, 10:18
Hello!

I am working on the brushes tools: simple/soft edges brush, cloner, eraser and effect brush.

I made a simple video to demonstrate the upcoming new image editing tools:

In the video you may notice I also used the transform tool, paste in place and blending modes.

Best regards, Marius.

Amazing, I never thought ahk could make a brush tool. :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

robodesign

Post by robodesign » 17 May 2021, 11:22

Hello, people !

After the video teaser I posted with the brushes, here is the actual new version:

- v5.1.0 (2021-05-17)
- [new] paint brushes: simple, soft edges, cloner, eraser and deformer brushes: smudge, pinch, bulge; all brushes are customizable
- [new] option to paint alpha mask when using the transform tool or when pasting images in place
- fixed the rare circumstance of QPV crash when choosing to save an image
- fixed crash related to «transform tool» when selecting «erase initially selected area»; the underlying problem caused crashes in other tools as well
- fixed various bugs

I hope you guys will like this new version. As always, if you find bugs, please let me know.

Best regards, Marius.
My home page.

robodesign

Post by robodesign » 22 May 2021, 03:50

Hello, Earthlings!

I am back at it again. This time I had the chance to test Quick Picto Viewer with a touch device and... improvements were obviously needed. Here is the new release:

- v5.1.2 (2021-05-22)
- when manipulating the image selection area, the dots [or edges] will snap to image boundaries and if selection grid is activated, to the image center as well ; selection rotation also snaps to 0, 90, 180 and so on.
- when drawing freeform polygonal or curved shapes, users can now change image zoom level, in addition to image panning
- considerable better touch screens support with
- immediate response on touch for scroll bars, path points and image selection area dots and edges
- viewport messages that describe the swipe action that will be performed; messages will be shown when "hot areas" are clicked , as well
- changed behavior on image panning, «infinite panning» ability removed
- [important] fixed viewport image panning bug that broke image panning when high-quality resampling was activated
- other minor fixes

As always, feedback, critique or anything else, is welcomed.

As a side note, this release marks two years of work on QPV.

Best regards, Marius.
My home page.

tidbit

Post by tidbit » 25 May 2021, 13:42

Great update! the Effects brush is so fun, haven't seen anything like it. So smooth and fast too. Great variety of pen options. That hard work really paid off!
rawr. fear me.
*poke*
Is it December 21, 2012 yet?

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”