QuickReminder v0.6

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
iPhilip

Re: QuickReminder v0.6

Post by iPhilip » 06 Jul 2017, 13:21

Hi jballi,

I reread the Note List Editor Help file more carefully:
Metadata. The Note text can contain date/time metadata which is converted in real-time for the Text-To-Speech engine when the alarm window is displayed.
and that answered my question. Thank you for that information.
Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) - AutoHotkey v2.0+ (Unicode 64-bit)

rommmcek

Post by rommmcek » 19 Nov 2018, 19:47

@jballi. Thanks for this wonderful tool! I've been using it daily for years. Recently I added a patch to display current date/time, Hotkeys to activate Alarm window and jump inside date/time Control.
To try it just replace QuickRemidner.ahk with my version (don't forget to backup the orignal version).
Since this is a patch (not actively changed script) I don't expect any functionality differences, however I'm testing it only for one day!
P.s.: I'm using European date/time Format in line: 1733/4 and in my patch, line 5737.
Attachments
QuickReminder.zip
(30.22 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
QuickReminder.gif
QuickReminder.gif (118.6 KiB) Viewed 3877 times

jballi

Post by jballi » 20 Nov 2018, 17:31

rommmcek wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 19:47
Recently I added a patch to display current date/time, Hotkeys to activate Alarm window and jump inside date/time Control.
Cool beans. I hope that someone finds it useful.
rommmcek wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 19:47
Thanks for this wonderful tool! I've been using it daily for years.
I'm glad you are finding it useful. I'm still using the heck out it even after all these years.

jNizM

Post by jNizM » 06 Dec 2018, 09:50

hey jballi,

thanks for your useful tool.

How about adding a recurring option.
Like: Every Monday @12pm or every last friday in month

greets
jNizM
[AHK] v2.0.5 | [WIN] 11 Pro (Version 22H2) | [GitHub] Profile

adegard

Post by adegard » 06 Dec 2018, 14:36

Hi @jballi, It's a great program, is it possibile to add reccuring alerts and also to launch program?

jballi

Post by jballi » 08 Dec 2018, 00:37

jNizM wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 09:50
How about adding a recurring option.
Like: Every Monday @12pm or every last friday in month
adegard wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 14:36
...is it possibile to add reccuring alerts and also to launch program?
The topic of reoccurring alarms and the ability to launch a program has come up a few times over the years. Unfortunately, these features are out of scope for this project which is designed to be a tool to quickly set up same-day, one-use-only, reminders. There are dozens of much better tools out there for creating reoccurring alarms and/or for launching a program when an alert is raised.

Thank you for your interest.

IamaWellwisher

Post by IamaWellwisher » 20 Aug 2021, 05:19

This is an amazing piece of work.
I am tempted to extend it beyond the author's original scope because the wide range of alternatives that he mentions are generally unsuitable.
But, as a veteran of scores of IT projects of all natures, I am deterred from trying because the overall quality of documentation of AHK is so lamentable.

gregster

Post by gregster » 20 Aug 2021, 12:44

IamaWellwisher wrote:
20 Aug 2021, 05:19
But, as a veteran of scores of IT projects of all natures, I am deterred from trying because the overall quality of documentation of AHK is so lamentable.
Well, lamenting won't make it better. Contributing, that's what a community is about.

IamaWellwisher

Post by IamaWellwisher » 25 Aug 2021, 06:23

I'm acting ...

I first wanted to extend the number of reminders. I've done a 'quick and nasty' by creating a second copy of QuickReminder - so now I have capacity for 40.
I've also started plastering my copies with notes about the structure of the code.
This isn't brilliant at the moment, but I'm happy to share it - especially with anyone who has done the same and would share it with me!
(I'm not sure how we do that, but I'm sure I'll soon find out)

(But I'm not on here every day)

Skibbsies

Post by Skibbsies » 25 Aug 2021, 21:10

Absolutely love this! Will be happy to use this for quick memos in the future - great work!

Gewerd_Strauss

Post by Gewerd_Strauss » 23 May 2022, 01:58

Is there a way to autosort the reminders based on when they expire?
My initial idea was to just perform an LV-Sort on the third column, because that should sort A-Z and 1-9 (and as every status is the same letter-wise, we'd end up sorting by ascending time positions). But... that doesn't seem to work.
To clarify, I tried inserting

Code: Select all

LV_ModifyCol(3,Sort)
after line 3351, but that doesn't work. Moving it outside the initial "Update"-loop and to the end doesn't work either.

Anyone got any clues?

jballi

Post by jballi » 25 May 2022, 04:10

Gewerd_Strauss wrote:
23 May 2022, 01:58
No, not with the current design. The sequence determines the order of the reminders (from 1 to 20) and the order they are updated. Sorting in any way would require a code change. The program would have to search through the ListView control to find the Reminder to update. Since this check/update is performed once every second, it would slow down the check/update process and for some computers, it might interfere with the operation of the program. Also, the column data is not really in a format that works for sorting. A separate routine would have to be written in order to sort the data. For all these reasons, the columns have been locked from sorting and that is also why adding a separate sort request doesn't work as expected. Sorry 'bout that.

Gewerd_Strauss

Post by Gewerd_Strauss » 08 Jun 2022, 08:43

Sorry for the late answer, my life is busy as hell right now.
jballi wrote:
25 May 2022, 04:10
Gewerd_Strauss wrote:
23 May 2022, 01:58
[...] Since this check/update is performed once every second, it would slow down the check/update process and for some computers, it might interfere with the operation of the program. [...] A separate routine would have to be written in order to sort the data. [...]
Don't really see that being the problem, because you would just integrate the autosort into the gui_show-subroutine, so a sorting array is created once upon calling to show the GUI, and then you just print in that order. There's no need to check every time the guiupdate routine is called, because once sorted they are sorted until you add/remove/edit any reminder.
jballi wrote:
25 May 2022, 04:10
Also, the column data is not really in a format that works for sorting
[/quote]

Not really.
Just an idea I thought about over the past few days:
In principle, once one has the the string in the status-column, one would extract all integers, convert them down to seconds. Then you create an simple array: as keys the converted times in seconds as an integer, and the respective position in the LV as value. Because this array would be simple in nature, it autosorts itself. And once you have the simple array constructed, you reconstruct the data order based on the key, and then loop through this second array when populating via LV_Add.

Alternatively, you create a third column (which seems to be unpopulated right now), and insert the TimesInSeconds in there. Then just sort via this column's values.

But considering all labels are hardcoded, I understand why this would be a somewhat big task to integrate this, and maybe too much work for such little gain.

Thank you for your answer nonetheless.

Maybe, once I find time, I'll take inspiration and write up a hotfix to do this.

Bill

Post by Bill » 24 Jun 2022, 19:55

Is there a way to have the reminders save and remember their position?

Niemenser

Post by Niemenser » 21 Oct 2022, 15:00

I have the same concern as the previous poster. It is a pretty unpleasant experience when they open all over the place.

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”