Problems with changing theme.

The popular SciTE-based AutoHotkey Script Editor
Kotte

Problems with changing theme.

Post by Kotte » 21 Nov 2021, 11:05

Hi! I found this theme https://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/70058-scite-styles/ by @budRich and tried it out. It seems something is not working like I hoped it would. Most things look right in the editor, but the window still is white/grey. What am I doing wrong?

I'm on version 3.0.06.01

Maybe this wasn't a very clear question. I copied the properties under "HatOfGod. style. properties" into a new properties file and selected that one from Tools > SciTE4AutoHotkey settings... > Style:. I went in and changed some colors and everything worked fine but the boarder, menu bar and tabs are still white/grey whereas his are dark grey and goldish. Thanks to Window Spy I found the hex for the grey color around my tabs which is F0F0F0. I searched the properties file, but that color is not used anywhere. Does anyone know where I can change this setting?

Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (34.64 KiB) Viewed 1467 times

BrockPlaysFortnite

Re: Problems with changing theme.

Post by BrockPlaysFortnite » 02 Dec 2021, 07:41

Spent some time looking into it and I can't figure it out either. I don't think it's possible to do it directly from Scite but instead some under the hood type of changes. Am also debating making the switch to Notepad++ for this reason.
Fortnite Youtuber BrockPlaysFortnite :D | AHK completely redefined the way I do things. What used to take me hours to do over and over can now be done with the click of a button. Don't give up! It's worth learning it front to back :wave:
(Note: I'm still a noob so my code may suck sometimes and there is almost assuredly a better way to do it)

Kotte

Re: Problems with changing theme.

Post by Kotte » 31 Dec 2021, 10:33

@BrockPlaysFortnite Sorry for the late response. I never got a notification about your message. Yeah, I'm guessing it has to do with some property file, but I can't find anything. Hm, I'll have to think about that switch. I already use NP++ for basic notes and help files. Setting up a dark theme was a breeze and changing built in hotkeys works normally. On the other hand - I have quite a few hotkeys/strings that require SciTE to work properly, unless I want to rewrite them. We'll see what happens =P

I was really surprised that this issue wasn't solved in a few minutes considering how fast my other (more complicated) questions have been answered.

Return to “SciTE4AutoHotkey”