Error while launching:
""C:\MyPrograms\AutoHotkey\SciTE\InternalAHK.exe" with Params:
""C:\MyPrograms\AutoHotkey\SciTE\toolbar\Toolbar.ahk" 1376398 1116528"
The operation was canceled by the user.

Any ideas?

Joe Glines

Re: SciTE4AutoHotkey v3.1.0

Post by Joe Glines » 24 Jan 2023, 07:09

We made a video walking through how to setup SciTE4AutoHotkey for V2.

For those of you new to SciTE4AutoHotkey, I have a lot of tutorials and resources around SciTE here
Sign-up for the 🅰️HK Newsletter

ImageImageImageImage:clap:
AHK Tutorials:Web Scraping | | Webservice APIs | AHK and Excel | Chrome | RegEx | Functions
Training: AHK Webinars Courses on AutoHotkey :ugeek:
YouTube

:thumbup: Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!

Dart Vanya

Post by Dart Vanya » 25 Jan 2023, 03:01

@Dougal
Next launch had error Documents\AutoHotkey\SciTE\ahk1.user.api' (No such file or directory) in line 79.
I made an extension for SciTE4AutoHotkey v3.1.0. There is no need to create ahk1.user.api in the user settings folder.
I added bypass in @lexikos .lua script for this file (line 79):

Code: Select all

if string.find(apiFile, "user.api") then
	return ""
end
Also no need to add string in UserLuaScript.lua.
It can be easily installed as described in the SciTE help:
In order to manage your Extensions, right-click on the toolbar and select "Extensions > Extension Manager". The Extension Manager window will pop up
•"Install extension" allows you to install or upgrade an extension.
image.png
image.png (6.01 KiB) Viewed 4999 times
Extension can be downloaded here:
usr.lexikos.autocomplete.7z
(4.27 KiB) Downloaded 163 times

ahketype

Post by ahketype » 25 Jan 2023, 06:32

I have to say, having just installed AHK v2 and the latest SciTE4AutoHotkey, I'm not missing the calltips too much, because for some reason my old setup had lost the lookup in the help - selecting a word and hitting F1 just launched the help without locating the word, and I'd have to use the search box - now that's fixed, it's great! It's especially useful as I try to get into v2 syntax and it's better to read the help file on a command or function than have its structure spoon fed to me. And it means the calltips aren't either off or constantly reminding me of things I already know.

I say it occasionally, and I'll say it now: this project - all these related projects - are the dog's pyjamas, and you devs are absolute heros! Thanks.

ahketype

Post by ahketype » 25 Jan 2023, 07:32

Nucleorion wrote:
23 Sep 2022, 07:09
Congratulations on the program. I have a problem with the new version, variables and functions are not colored, before the code was more readable, but with version 3.1 everything is black. I have tried to edit the style but there is no longer a section for variables and functions. Before they were colored by default. I think it is something that should be recovered.

I have also had to disable the display of tabs since the lines were displayed in certain circumstances like this

The blank lines have no tabulation but the marks appear
I wonder if it's just that the new installation has set defaults that you don't recognise because you edited your previous version's style settings (and this hasn't been retained on the installation)?

If that's right, it's maybe a bug and the style settings should be retained, but only if you have ONLY updated SciTE4AHK. I updated AHK to version 2, then used the Launcher (if I remember right) to install the latest SciTE4AHK, which will obviously start with a default style. Related question for the developer (@Lexicos?): can I just copy the relevant file from my \v1\ installation to reproduce the style I had there, or has either AHK or S4AHK changed something that will break it?

For me, the style edit dialog includes AHK variables in the lower section of the table, and "Identifiers" in the top - but I'm not an expert on all this. I don't think it could colour user-defined variables like MyVar without some pretty clever analysis (I might be wrong), but it will colour AHK variables like A_Index.

On the issue of the tabs, I think the idea of the lines is to help you see your indentation structure across a long piece of code, rather than indicating individual tabs on a line. As such, they are more helpful when they bridge empty lines so you can follow them. I guess it could be an option (or maybe is, I dunno).

DrReflex

Post by DrReflex » 28 Jan 2023, 18:52

v3.1.00 is more than a major upgrade SciTE4AutoHotkey (SciTE4AHK). I am not one of the programmers on SciTE4AHK. Like you, I am a regular user.

SciTE4AHK is based upon the SCIntilla based Text Editor. Originally SciTE was built to demonstrate Scintilla. SciTE has become a popular program editor. SciTE has configurations for most programming languages. As we are aware from SciTE4AHK, SciTE includes facilities for building and running programs.

Ther current version number of SciTE4AHK (3.1.00) is misleading. The previous version of SciTE4AHK was version 3.7.0. It was based on SciTE v3.6.0 and was released in 2017. It was the end of a line of minor upgrades build upon SciTE v3. SciTE has undergone 2 major rebuilds since that time. Until last May those rebuilds thwarted any further major upgrades to SciTE4AHK for almost 5 years. Thanks to fincs (and Lexikos), we finally have a version of SciTE4AHK that is migrating capabilities of the old version of SciTE4AHK to SciTE v5. The current implementation of SciTE4AHK only begins to scratch the surface of the added capabilities of SciTE v5. It is going to take time to recover some of the functionality of the old SciTE4AHK version 3.6.0. Functions that were build over SciTE can now be implemented within SciTE using lua and lexilla.

We need to be patient. It will take time to "rebuild" SciTE4AHK. The program is already dramatically more customizable than the previous version (see LEARN MORE below). If you want more faster, then you might consider supporting fincs and Lexikos through their Patron sites.

LEARN MORE:
Scintilla go to: https://www.scintilla.org/index.html
SciTE go to: https://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html
Take a close look at https://www.scintilla.org/SciTEDoc.html It may gve you some ideas for how to customize SciTE4AHK to better meet your needs.
Lexilla go to: https://www.scintilla.org/Lexilla.html
LUA go to: https://www.lua.org/about.html
SciTE4AutoHotKey go to: https://github.com/fincs/SciTE4AutoHotkey

ahketype

Post by ahketype » 28 Jan 2023, 19:21

DrReflex wrote:
28 Jan 2023, 18:52
v3.1.00 is more than a major upgrade SciTE4AutoHotkey (SciTE4AHK). I am not one of the programmers on SciTE4AHK. Like you, I am a regular user.

SciTE4AHK is based upon the SCIntilla based Text Editor. Originally SciTE was built to demonstrate Scintilla. SciTE has become a popular program editor. SciTE has configurations for most programming languages. As we are aware from SciTE4AHK, SciTE includes facilities for building and running programs.

Ther current version number of SciTE4AHK (3.1.00) is misleading. The previous version of SciTE4AHK was version 3.7.0. It was based on SciTE v3.6.0 and was released in 2017. It was the end of a line of minor upgrades build upon SciTE v3. SciTE has undergone 2 major rebuilds since that time. Until last May those rebuilds thwarted any further major upgrades to SciTE4AHK for almost 5 years. Thanks to fincs (and Lexikos), we finally have a version of SciTE4AHK that is migrating capabilities of the old version of SciTE4AHK to SciTE v5. The current implementation of SciTE4AHK only begins to scratch the surface of the added capabilities of SciTE v5. It is going to take time to recover some of the functionality of the old SciTE4AHK version 3.6.0. Functions that were build over SciTE can now be implemented within SciTE using lua and lexilla.

We need to be patient. It will take time to "rebuild" SciTE4AHK. The program is already dramatically more customizable than the previous version (see LEARN MORE below). If you want more faster, then you might consider supporting fincs and Lexikos through their Patron sites.

LEARN MORE:
Scintilla go to: https://www.scintilla.org/index.html
SciTE go to: https://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html
Take a close look at https://www.scintilla.org/SciTEDoc.html It may gve you some ideas for how to customize SciTE4AHK to better meet your needs.
Lexilla go to: https://www.scintilla.org/Lexilla.html
LUA go to: https://www.lua.org/about.html
SciTE4AutoHotKey go to: https://github.com/fincs/SciTE4AutoHotkey
That's very useful, thanks. It's a nightmare writing software when its dependencies get updated and it breaks stuff. I'm not impatient, just wanted to know if that was the problem. Firefox addon devs had awful problems a while back when Mozilla tightened their security protocol. Now I'm starting to convert my AHK v1 scripts to v2. :lolno:

DrReflex

Post by DrReflex » 29 Jan 2023, 01:22

Looking for ideas. I am trying to recompile the most recent SciTE4AutoHotkey commit from 11/20/22 but I can't quite get there following the included build instructions which clearly contain some errors. I am stuck at building SciTE.exe.

I have MSYS2 installed and fully updated with the following packages installed: git, make, mercurial, mingw-w64-x86_64-clang, and mingw-w64-clang-x86_64-toolchain.
I am using the MSYS2 CLANG64 shell for all of the build and following the steps outlined in the SciPatches\README.MD.
I can clone, patch, and make everything up to the lexilla.dll. I cannot make SciTE.exe. When I issue the make command for SciTE the shell just sits there with a blinking verical cursor.

This is the command line that fails:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"cd scite/win32 && make CLANG=1 && cd ../bin && strip *.exe *.dll && cd ../.."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When i split the command line, it fails at the "make CLANG=1".

When I run the same line with the debug "-d" option
"cd scite/win32 && make CLANG=1 -d && cd ../bin && strip *.exe *.dll && cd ../.."
I get the following:
"GNU Make 4.4
Built for x86_64-pc-msys
Copyright (C) 1988-2022 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <https://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
Reading makefiles...
Reading makefile 'makefile'..."

I have tried adding several other MSYS2 packages with no success. ANY IDEAS ON WHAT MSYS2 PACKAGE(S) I NEED TO COMPLETE THE BUILD?

======================================================================================================
HERE IS A COMPLETE LISTING OF THE BUILD STEPS:
Spoiler
`
P.S. The last 3 steps in the patching don't work as provided due to a directory referencing error. Below are working command lines.
cd lexilla && git apply ../SciTE4AutoHotkey/scipatches/lexilla.diff && cd ..
cd scite && hg update rel-5-2-2 && hg import --no-commit ../SciTE4AutoHotkey/scipatches/scite.diff && cd ..
cp SciTE4AutoHotkey/scipatches/SciTE4AutoHotkey.ico scite/win32/

DrReflex

Post by DrReflex » 31 Jan 2023, 03:17

I found another issue. Fixing it still did not fix the SciTE.exe build failure.

The cloning instructions above for scintilla and scite are incorrect. They are pulling the most recent versions of scintilla and SciTE rather than the 5.2.2 versions that this build is reportedly based upon. The error can be confirmed by going to the scintilla and scite folders where the version.txt is "532" not 522. The following revision to the clone instructions will fix that However, the build still locks up at the SciTE.exe make with the same debug infor.

REVISED CLONING INSTRUCTIONS:
○ git clone --recursive https://github.com/fincs/SciTE4AutoHotkey
○ hg clone http://hg.code.sf.net/p/scintilla/code -u rel-5-2-2 scintilla
○ git clone https://github.com/ScintillaOrg/lexilla -b rel-5-1-6 lexilla
○ hg clone http://hg.code.sf.net/p/scintilla/scite -u rel-5-2-2 scite

DrReflex

Post by DrReflex » 05 Feb 2023, 03:00

SCITE BUILT IN KEYBOARD SHORT CUTS (HotKeys)

Below is a list of the built in SciTE Hotkeys for SciTE4AutoHotkey version 3.1.0. I'm sorry that the forum editor eats the formatting. Hopefully fincs will consider adding the formatted version to the Help file. Just about every user will find one or more shortcuts here that will save them time while working with SciTE4AutoHotkey.
Spoiler

CPager

Post by CPager » 29 Mar 2023, 08:33

iPhilip wrote:
15 May 2022, 15:11
@fincs, Never mind. I see you have a perfectly good AutoComplete feature in your latest version.
I removed the UserLuaScript.lua and AutoComplete.lua files from my SciTE folder and restarted with no error. :)

P.S.: Lexicos' AutoComplete auto-completes any word, e.g. variables, while the built-in AutoComplete only auto-completes commands.
Thanks for posting this question. I have been looking for a solution for two days.
I get the same error message on line 81, invalid escape sequence near '"[\('.
I tried to find the source of this error by asking Ghat GTP to describe the error, but without conclusive results.
I was hoping to get an answer other than the solution you used.

I live in hope that one day someone can find the source of this error message.

Dart Vanya

Post by Dart Vanya » 30 Mar 2023, 18:09

CPager wrote:
29 Mar 2023, 08:33
I get the same error message on line 81, invalid escape sequence near '"[\('.
You need to escape the slash:
name = name:gsub("[\\(, ].*", "") -- Discard parameters/comments.

archivist

Post by archivist » 04 Apr 2023, 07:19

after 3 years i've installed ahk and scite4 to a different pc.
now my old projects have Turkish character problem. but not new typings. old saved files have display problem
when i try to view that old ahk file with notepad++ or notepad everything seems fine.
i made all settings that i could in scite4 but did not work.
after that i've uninstall the current one and installed older version of scite4,
it works fine.
so how can i use latest version with my old ahk files?
thanks

Aguilucho

Version of Windows not supported (on W7 Ult sp1, 32 bit)

Post by Aguilucho » 05 Apr 2023, 21:10

Hi fincs:
I downloaded Installer (SciTE4AHK_v3.1.0_Install.exe)
from https://www.autohotkey.com/scite4ahk/

When I click on it, results on the msgbox:
Title: SciTE4AutoHotkey Setup; Class: #32770;; with text:
'This version of Microsoft Windows is not supported by SciTE4AutoHotkey.'

My version of Windows is: W7 Ultimate sp1, 32 bit
What's wrong?

lexikos

Post by lexikos » 22 Jun 2023, 22:54

I see there have been a few topics started by users trying to run scripts with the default (v1) platform without having v1 installed. I have added a note to the first post of this topic to help with this. Hopefully fincs will reappear and publish an update with the fix already available on GitHub...

@Aguilucho Apparently SciTE4AutoHotkey doesn't support 32-bit Windows.

Buddha Nature

Post by Buddha Nature » 05 Jul 2023, 04:57

AutoHotkey 1.1.37.00
SciTE4AHK 3.1.0

I recently found that SciTe4AHK had been updated to version 3.1.0. I downloaded it and installed to replace my SciTe4AHK version 3.0.06.01. On install I ran into several problems with the new version:

On double-clicking an .ahk script the script would be opened in SciTE not launched as a running script (which isn't what I want to happen).

For the right-click context menus in Windows Explorer when right-clicking on an .AHK script all the functionality that I had with the earlier version had disappeared, no "Run Script", "Compile Script", "Compile Script (GUI)", or "Edit Script" options at all. I searched this forum for possible solutions for these issues and there are some given in this thread. However, the solutions are convoluted and, for me, not worth the bother, so I just went back to using v3.0.06.01.

So my question is are there any intentions of having SciTE updated to automatically fix the above errors on install of the latest version?

StanDouglas

Post by StanDouglas » 25 Oct 2023, 16:55

In order to install V3.1 I had to add InternalAHK.exe to the file type exclusion to Windows Security. Prior to that it would not process Toolbar.ahk. It gave an error and would start SciTe4 but not with the complete tool bar list.

datastudy

Post by datastudy » 16 Dec 2023, 04:40

I read 4 pages here, uninstalled, reinstalled, but no calltips

What is the solution to get calltips to work?

ahketype

Post by ahketype » 16 Dec 2023, 08:53

datastudy wrote:
16 Dec 2023, 04:40
I read 4 pages here, uninstalled, reinstalled, but no calltips

What is the solution to get calltips to work?
IIRC, calltips don't currently work in the latest SciTE4ahk - someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I reverted to 3.0.06.01.

I later had an issue of losing the registration of SciTE4ahk as the default editor for .ahk scripts, so they kept opening for editing in Notepad - this I fixed by just installing AHK again (version 2), which has an option to define the editor on installation or in the Dash. Edit: I use version 1 of AHK, but v2 lets you run either and generally figures out from the syntax of each file which interpreter to use.

I have one issue with SciTE4ahk now - after using the F12 section menu that lists subroutines once or twice it stops working, but it's less of an issue.

Return to “SciTE4AutoHotkey”