How to change the AHK directory?

The popular SciTE-based AutoHotkey Script Editor
Nahele

How to change the AHK directory?

Post by Nahele » 30 Mar 2023, 13:41

Hello,

I'm a new AHK user and I just downloaded SciTE4AutoHotkey. At first running a script in SciTE4AutoHotkey causes an error. The error notifications says this:
"C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkey.exe" /ErrorStdOut "C:\Users\alexa\Documents\AutoHotkey\Textbausteine.ahk"
Der Befehl "C:\Program" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder
konnte nicht gefunden werden.
>Exit code: 1 Time: 0.1432
I found out that AHK ist located in C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey\v2\AutoHotkey.exe. I moved all the files from the v2-directory into C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey\. That solved the problem. But I don't know if this causes any trouble in the future.

Is there some setting where I can change the directory where SciTE4AutoHotkey searches for AHK?

Best regards
Nahele

Cyrano

Re: How to change the AHK directory?

Post by Cyrano » 31 Mar 2023, 11:46

Nahele wrote:
30 Mar 2023, 13:41
Is there some setting where I can change the directory where SciTE4AutoHotkey searches for AHK?
I would also like to know the answer to this question. On my system, the path to the AHK executable which SciTE4AutoHotkey is using does not contain any .exe files. All the AHK .exe files are in subfolders.

lexikos

Re: How to change the AHK directory?

Post by lexikos » 22 Jun 2023, 22:22

This happens if you have one of the AutoHotkey v1 platforms selected and you do not have v1 installed. See AutoHotkey v2 Support for instructions about running v2 scripts.

Alternatively, you can update the SciTE program files manually with the latest ones available on GitHub. This (unreleased) version has better support for the installation structure of v2.0. There is a drop-down box on the toolbar for selecting the version, or you can leave it on "Automatic".
https://github.com/fincs/SciTE4AutoHotkey

Return to “SciTE4AutoHotkey”