Help with SciTE4AutoHotkey install please.

The popular SciTE-based AutoHotkey Script Editor
B1T

Help with SciTE4AutoHotkey install please.

Post by B1T » 07 Jun 2023, 12:55

I had previously installed AHK V2 (lot of effort to get admin to install it). In order to install SciTE4AutoHotkey I uninstalled AHK and re-installed it to the following location (no admin needed):
C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Programs

Then downloaded portable SciTE4AutoHotkey and copied the SciTE dir to
C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Programs\AutoHotkey
Set default editor to this location.

AHK seems to work fine – Previous AHK files are loaded to AHK and hotkeys and hotstrings all seem to work.

However, when I select “Edit Script” from the AHK icon in the taskbar, I get the following popup message:
1.png
1.png (10.98 KiB) Viewed 710 times

Selecting OK does open the editor with my script. However, it behaves as a simple editor with none of the rich features for AHK.

Also, if I select Debug from the editor I get:
2.png
2.png (13.63 KiB) Viewed 710 times

And if I select Debug from the editor I get:
3.png
3.png (11.34 KiB) Viewed 710 times

Note, Also tried moving SciTE dir to the following location(re-setting default editor) and got similar results to above.
C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Programs\AutoHotkey\v2

[Mod action: Topic moved from the main "Editors" level since this is specific to SciTE4AutoHotkey which has its own dedicated sub-forum.]

B1T

Re: Help with SciTE4AutoHotkey install please.

Post by B1T » 08 Jun 2023, 03:12

The last screenshot is from selecting SciTE4AutoHotkey Diagnostic Utility from the editor.

lexikos

Re: Help with SciTE4AutoHotkey install please.

Post by lexikos » 22 Jun 2023, 22:25

I don't know what causes this, but I would suggest you try manually updating to the latest SciTE program files on GitHub (assuming you aren't already using these).
https://github.com/fincs/SciTE4AutoHotkey

Return to “SciTE4AutoHotkey”