SciTE4AutoHotkey Settings menu entry becomes inactive when trying to create own Style

The popular SciTE-based AutoHotkey Script Editor
A Keymaker

SciTE4AutoHotkey Settings menu entry becomes inactive when trying to create own Style

Post by A Keymaker » 04 Jul 2022, 15:16

So I copied some style .properties files to

C:\Users\YOUR-USER-NAME\Documents\AutoHotkey\SciTE\Styles

folder, including Monokai.style.properties. When still being in this folder I copied this file, renamed its copy, opened that copy it Notepad and changed only one thing: selection.back= value from #730505 to #ffffff. And after opening SciTE4AutoHotkey the menu entry

Tools > SciTE4AutoHotkey Settings...

was still there but nothing was happening when I was clicking it. I ended up having to uninstall this editor and installing it once more

So you will probably say: do not mess with files from a folder level - and just use the

Tools > SciTE4AutoHotkey Settings... > Edit Style

option. So I did and it worked- I could change the color of background of selection in Monokai style. But with time I will change more and more colors in it. And that is why I wanted to copy Monokai and start changing it in the first place, by coping its file and renaming it and then tweaking the copy

So this time I tried

Tools > SciTE4AutoHotkey Settings... > Style > New Style

where I created a new one. And as it was just a test, I did not change anything in it - it had default colors. And as a further test, I closed and re-opened the editor - and once again my

was blocked; and once again I had to perform uninstalling and re-installing

So what is the problem here? Am I doing something tragically wrong - or is this some bug?

I am using SciTE4AHK 3.1.0 with AutoHotkey 1.1.34.02 on Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 19042.746 x64
Last edited by A Keymaker on 18 Jan 2023, 09:48, edited 8 times in total.

A Keymaker

Re: SciTE4AutoHotkey Settings menu entry becomes inactive when trying to create own Style

Post by A Keymaker » 15 Jan 2023, 07:06

Well, anyone?

A Keymaker

Re: SciTE4AutoHotkey Settings menu entry becomes inactive when trying to create own Style

Post by A Keymaker » 18 Jan 2023, 11:35

I tried using the portable version, but I have run into the same bugs

But after once more uninstalling it and then installing - and then installing also the latest version of AutoHotkey [1.1.36.02] these issues seem to be absent. I just hope they will remain as such when I restore my system from an image and install all of this from scratch

cgx5871

Post by cgx5871 » 26 Jan 2023, 09:00

open user properties --> add selection.back= #ffffff
or copy to
user\Styles\xxxx.style.properties

A Keymaker

Post by A Keymaker » 25 Mar 2023, 10:14

I tried using the portable version, but I have run into the same bugs

But after once more uninstalling it and then installing again - and then installing also the latest version of AutoHotkey [1.1.36.02] these issues seem to be absent. I just hope they will remain as such when I restore my system from an image and install all of this from scratch

A Keymaker

Post by A Keymaker » 06 Jul 2023, 14:01

After restoring my system from an image, installing AutoHotkey 1.1.37.00 and 2.0.3 I was able to perform two times successful going to

and applying changes. But attempting to do this third time once again revealed to me inaccessibility of getting to see that pop-up window

Ergo: the bug persists

Return to “SciTE4AutoHotkey”