Usually the editor looks like:
image.png
image.png (22.46 KiB) Viewed 4194 times
But I idk how sometimes they simple disappear:
image.png
image.png (2.21 KiB) Viewed 4194 times
Am I pressing any kind of shortcuts or what's happening? :think:
Does someone has seen this before?

When I close the scite and open again they back to the normal, but it sucks as I lost all my undo cache.

gregster

Re: Scite4AutoHotkey missing some toolbar buttons

Post by gregster » 08 Feb 2021, 18:31

Yeah, it's a known bug. I haven't looked at it in depth but I think it's a timeout issue.

A few weeks ago, I have made a small workaround to avoid it (just a change of one line, iirc), since then it didn't happen to me anymre - I am now on the wrong computer (I haven't added it here yet), but I can post it tomorrow.

gregster

Post by gregster » 08 Feb 2021, 18:39

Just to clarify: for me this happens/happened sometimes, when I start Scite4AHK - and I get some error message. Then Scite4AHK runs, just without this toolbar.
A restart usually helps, but first you might have to close manually the InternalAHK.exe file in the taskmanager.

Yours sounds like it might happen while Scite4AHK is already running for some time? That, I haven't seen before.
I don't remember it exactly, but you also might be missing more buttons than I usually did...

Edit: Did you try 'Reload toolbar' from the context menu that you get when you click on an empty space of the menu-/toolbar area ? Not sure, if it will help, though.

c7aesa7r

Post by c7aesa7r » 08 Feb 2021, 20:20

Reload toolbar? Is it an option? i can't find it.
Yours sounds like it might happen while Scite4AHK is already running for some time?
Yes, it happens after I have scite open for some time but I dont know if this happens after running something, stoping, etc and it did not show or prompt any kind of error.

c7aesa7r

Post by c7aesa7r » 21 Feb 2021, 11:56

A few weeks ago, I have made a small workaround to avoid it (just a change of one line, iirc), since then it didn't happen to me anymre - I am now on the wrong computer (I haven't added it here yet), but I can post it tomorrow.
@gregster Could you take a look at what you did? This thing is happening to me often, I suspect its because I have too many files open with a huge amount of lines, some of the files also are freezing while I'm coding a new line for example.

gregster

Post by gregster » 21 Feb 2021, 12:04

Sure, I can look it up - but like I said above, I have never seen the toolbar disappear while using Scite4AHK. It only ever happened to me when starting Scite4AHK, and I doubt that my fix will cover your problem. Might be hard to fix without being able to reproduce it - in my case, the toolbar never appeared and an error message gave me a good hint where to look (and I really don't know the source code of Scite4AHK). I often have 25 scripts open at the same time (I think I raised the default limit of 20 in the settings)...

btw,
gregster wrote:
08 Feb 2021, 18:39
Did you try 'Reload toolbar' from the context menu that you get when you click on an empty space of the menu-/toolbar area ? Not sure, if it will help, though.
@c7aesa7r: try a right-click on empty toolbar/menu area:

reload toolbar.png
reload toolbar.png (6.31 KiB) Viewed 4048 times

Perhaps a re-installation of Scite4AHK could also help...

dwyeadon

Post by dwyeadon » 19 May 2022, 15:13

Try opening the Task Manager and closing all the AutoHotKey applications that are running.

lexikos

Post by lexikos » 19 May 2022, 19:21

SciTE has its own toolbar, but the toolbar buttons in question are part of a separate toolbar which is created by Toolbar.ahk. If the script terminates for some reason, the toolbar disappears. The context menu shown in gregster's post is opened by right-clicking on the Toolbar.ahk toolbar, not the SciTE one, so cannot be accessed if that script has terminated.

The toolbar script is started automatically when you start SciTE, via the command line defined in command.autorun. If it closes for some reason, you can restart it by using an additional tool that you define in SciTEUser.properties:

Code: Select all

command.name.3.*=Restart Toolbar
command.mode.3.*=subsystem:2,savebefore:no
command.3.*=$(command.autorun)
Change the number if you are already using command 3. If you wish to assign a different keyboard shortcut, use command.shortcut.3.*=.

Toolbar.ahk uses #SingleInstance Ignore, so if the script is still running, the command will do nothing. You can work around that with /restart or /force if needed, but in that case you need to copy the command, which might change in future.

davepAHK

Post by davepAHK » 31 Oct 2022, 09:20

I just want to add that for me this is a relatively new problem. I'm only referring to the run button.
I'd never seen it before, what I suppose, was the most recent update.
It is *never* present, so it seems to me that a timing problem is unlikely (says the embedded guy who is 100% ignorant about GUIs ;-)
Also, before it began happening, it *never* happened.
Just mentioning all of this since it may help by possibly tying it more closely to a particular rev before the latest release.
BTW, thanks for an amazing tool!

Return to “SciTE4AutoHotkey”