Request: No-install version.

Editor for AutoHotkey written completely in AutoHotkey.

Moderator: maestrith

kunkel321

Request: No-install version.

Post by kunkel321 » 21 Feb 2021, 14:50

I'm not an admin of my computer, so I have all of my AutoHotkey stuff in a subfolder of my C: drive. Most things seem to work, but the Menu > Help > Command Help results in the following error if I try to use it.

---------------------------
AHK-Studio.exe
Error: Failed attempt to launch program or document:
Action: <\AutoHotkey.chm>
Params: <>
Specifically: The system cannot find the file specified.
Line#
---> 10084: Run,outdir "\AutoHotkey.chm"
The current thread will exit.
OK
(it's worth noting also, that AutoHotkey.chm is not present anywhere in the AHK-Studio-Master download from Github, so I put it in the same folder as AHK-Studio.exe. Didn't seem to help.)

I looked at that line of code and it doesn't seem like it has anything to do with the help file(?)

Code: Select all

}}}else{
					if(ShiftBP&&shift||!shift&&!ShiftBP)
						if(debug.Socket>0){     ; <-----------THIS IS LINE 10084
							if(node:=CEXML.SSN("//*[@id='" debug.id "']/descendant::*[@sc='" sc.2357 "']"))
								debug.Send("breakpoint_set -t line -f " SSN(node,"@file").text " -n" line+1 " -i " SSN(node,"@id").text "|" line)
						}
					name:=AddBookmark(line,search)
Anyhow, I searched the code for "AutoHotkey.chm" and found several occurrences like this:
C:\Program%20Files\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkey.chm
Is it possible that the error is caused because I'm not using an installed version of AHK Studio?

EDIT: As I'm writing this post, it occurred to me to do a Quick Find for Run,outdir "\AutoHotkey.chm" (which was in the error message) and, indeed, it found line 10084 if(debug.Socket>0){ :crazy: Them there strings ain't the same... Some kind of AutoHotkey blackmagic, I guess.

Anyway... Maybe a no-install portable version of AHK Studio would prevent the error?
ste(phen|ve) kunkel

Return to “AHK Studio”