How to play and stop a macro?

Advanced Macro Recorder/Editor.

Moderator: Pulover

Opeth007

How to play and stop a macro?

Post by Opeth007 » 26 Jan 2022, 15:21

Hi,
Im new and this tool look so complicate, i just recorded a script, edit some lines but i can't find the hotkeys setup for simple run or stop a macro. How to? Help me sempais.

Opeth007

Re: How to play and stop a macro?

Post by Opeth007 » 27 Jan 2022, 03:13

it's keep runing and i can't stop it by spam from f1 to f12, i need restart the pc for stop it :( what a tool.

Thissiteissotrash

Post by Thissiteissotrash » 28 Feb 2022, 20:32

[...]
I still can't find the info on how to stop a macro. There is no key to press to stop a macro so your computer is just sitting there doing stuff for no reason and you can't even stop it. [...] and can't even find an answer in the programs help page. There is a glaring need to STOP A MACRO and I can't even find out how to do it. I can't even find info on it if I GOOGLE IT. [...]
Last edited by gregster on 28 Feb 2022, 20:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited the message as it seemed as an superfluous escalation because of an one-time-poster (removed their post as well).

gregster

Post by gregster » 28 Feb 2022, 20:47

Thissiteissotrash wrote:
28 Feb 2022, 20:32
[...]
I still can't find the info on how to stop a macro. There is no key to press to stop a macro so your computer is just sitting there doing stuff for no reason and you can't even stop it. [...] and can't even find an answer in the programs help page. There is a glaring need to STOP A MACRO and I can't even find out how to do it. I can't even find info on it if I GOOGLE IT. [...]
Please, there is no need to escalate here because of a single post of a one-time poster. I removed their post and your angry reaction to it, because I saw it as counterproductive for your request.
Unfortunately, most community members here don't know much about the usage of PMC, because they prefer to program directly in AutoHotkey.
Also, afaik, Pulover is a busy guy, and can't always be here. Maintaining such a huge tool for free is already a big endeavour, imho.

I hope you will soon get an answer to your question, but I would recommend to keep your posts focused on the actual problem. Thank you!

gregster

Post by gregster » 28 Feb 2022, 20:58

I have never used PMC, but it seems that stopping a running macro works similar like stopping a running AHK script. Either add a hotkey, or use the context menu of the trayicon.
https://www.macrocreator.com/docs/Playback.html :
Stop wrote:Stop
Selects the Hotkey to stop execution and return it to start.You can also stop Playback by double-clicking the TrayIcon or right-clicking on it and selecting Stop. You can make combinations with modifiers such as Ctrl + X.
I hope this helps.

Return to “Pulovers Macro Creator”