Need to restart Pulovers Macro Creator every time i want a script to restart

Advanced Macro Recorder/Editor.

Moderator: Pulover

inck243

Need to restart Pulovers Macro Creator every time i want a script to restart

Post by inck243 » 24 Sep 2022, 14:45

Hello,

I've used a couple different versions of PMC (currently using the latest 5.4.1) but have had this issue with every version so it's making me think the error is me.

I have a simple script that presses enter, types a period, and presses enter again, pauses 10 minutes. When I want to start the script, I push the blue play button that is in the shape of a circle. the program minimizes, i go to the game I'm using PMC for and push the little play button on the control window that is always there. I set the loop to 12 and when it finishes, sometimes I'd like it to start again. So, I push the play button on the mini window that is always there -- BUT nothing happens. I end up needing to restart the entire program (PMC) and loading the script up again in order to get it to respond to me pushing play, stop or pause. This is consistent with every script i've ever made including ones with mouse clicks. I can't stop, then start again -- in order to restart I always need to restart PMC.

is there something I'm missing??
winSnip.PNG
winSnip.PNG (182.3 KiB) Viewed 2141 times
Also, I see those settings at the bottom for cordmode sendmode etc -- is there something Im missing? on a side note, when i try to make a script to do clicks the mouse moves but the clicks don't register in my program that I'm trying to automate.

Thanks for helping !!!

DisplayOK1

Re: Need to restart Pulovers Macro Creator every time i want a script to restart

Post by DisplayOK1 » 02 Oct 2022, 23:22

I do have the same issue, no idea how to unstuck the status bar without restarting the whole thing.
If the clicks dont register you might need to change click type from normal to hold and release

auntbiotic

Re: Need to restart Pulovers Macro Creator every time i want a script to restart

Post by auntbiotic » 26 May 2023, 12:52

bump

I have a looped function that needs to wait ~10min between cycles, while troubleshooting i've noticed that if I stop any of my looped functions i've made, it will carry on with the loop until that cycle is complete and THEN it will stop. I can't seem to force stop in the middle of a loop.

rockitdontstopit

Post by rockitdontstopit » 29 May 2023, 14:28

inck243 wrote:
24 Sep 2022, 14:45

I have a simple script that presses enter, types a period, and presses enter again, pauses 10 minutes. When I want to start the script, I push the blue play button that is in the shape of a circle. the program minimizes, i go to the game I'm using PMC for and push the little play button on the control window that is always there. I set the loop to 12 and when it finishes, sometimes I'd like it to start again. So, I push the play button on the mini window that is always there -- BUT nothing happens. I end up needing to restart the entire program (PMC) and loading the script up again in order to get it to respond to me pushing play, stop or pause. This is consistent with every script i've ever made including ones with mouse clicks. I can't stop, then start again -- in order to restart I always need to restart PMC.
I don't use the blue play button with a circle around it. I've found that the best way to start a macro in pmc is with a hotkey. This is the sequence I use to minimize bugs: Open pulovers exe. Ctrl + O to open macro you want to run. Ctrl + Enter to activate hot keys and minimize pulovers window. Now start macro with assigned hotkey.

I use the blue play button sometime when I'm writing a macro.

rockitdontstopit

Post by rockitdontstopit » 29 May 2023, 14:30

auntbiotic wrote:
26 May 2023, 12:52
bump

I have a looped function that needs to wait ~10min between cycles, while troubleshooting i've noticed that if I stop any of my looped functions i've made, it will carry on with the loop until that cycle is complete and THEN it will stop. I can't seem to force stop in the middle of a loop.
Have you tried Ctrl + P to pause. Then Ctrl + P to begin again?

rockitdontstopit

Post by rockitdontstopit » 29 May 2023, 14:43

Another weird thing with pulovers regarding loops. I have have an infinite loop just clicking a sequence of tabs on my taskbar. I stop the macro with F8. If I don't wait a long enough time (I'm thinking its the time of the pause I have between clicks) and trigger a different macro, the original macro clicking taskbar tabs begins again.

Return to “Pulovers Macro Creator”