PMC is unreliable and I can't figure out whats happening

Advanced Macro Recorder/Editor.

Moderator: Pulover

Leon-Joy

PMC is unreliable and I can't figure out whats happening

Post by Leon-Joy » 25 Jan 2022, 15:44

Created an account to ask this and find out what is happening on my end, to improve the reliability of PMC.

I have created a recording of a set of actions (+- 7000) of me, uploading an image via a webbrowser.
My script navigates a website, uploads an image from my disk, and populates several fields with info from Excel.
It copies around +- 9 variables from Excel to the website and then save it. Afterwards, it removes the line of my table in Excel so I know its done.
These steps are done with keyboard shortcuts (alt+tab / ctrl+c / ctrl+v) and mouse controls (right-click and left-click)

If I run this script a single time, it works. If I run it 5 times it works 99% of the times.
However, if I run it 100 times, it works rarely but usually fails. Sometimes in iteration 13, other times it works 60 times, its not reliable.

At first, I thought it was Excel since its an M365 subscription and a ribbon alert would popup infront of my mouse, indicating a file was being edited on another PC.
Then I used Libreoffice to mitigate this issue, but the PMC script was still unreliable.

I thought it could be due to the fact that my host would turn off his NIC for power saving, so I kept my PC "awake" at all times.
I was running the script in a VM, so my host machine was available for day to day tasks. So I recreated the script on my host machine, but it still does not work.

I recreated my script maybe 10 times already, every time trying different methods
- Waiting 5 seconds after each action
- Moving my mouse over an area and wait 5 seconds before clicking
- only using keyboard commands

What I noticed, specifically around the copying and pasting part, is that sometimes my script types "v" and did not perform the "ctrl down" line, and sometimes my scripts pasts the previous variable and did not perform the "ctrl+c".
This means that some lines are being skipped when running several times, and when its a movement of the mouse or a pauze, its not really a big deal, but when it performs critical tasks it breaks the entire script.

My PC is an i7, 16GB and SSD in raid form so the hardware is not limited.

Is PMC unreliable because I recorded my actions instead of manually scripted it?
Is it something else I'm overlooking?

Thanks for insights in my issue

Pulover

Re: PMC is unreliable and I can't figure out whats happening

Post by Pulover » 27 Jan 2022, 14:13

The recorder is designed to be as accurate as possible but for a more reliable macro you should add the commands and logic manually.
Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover's Macro Creator - Automation Tool (Recorder & Script Writer)

Leon-Joy

Post by Leon-Joy » 28 Jan 2022, 17:11

Pulover wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 14:13
The recorder is designed to be as accurate as possible but for a more reliable macro you should add the commands and logic manually.
When using the macro mouse move command, the mouse jumps from one coördinate to another.
Is there a way to make it visually move between coördinates?

Thanks for your feedback, I'll definitely try to create the script manually

Pulover

Post by Pulover » 28 Jan 2022, 17:31

That would be the MouseMove command, but it's not implemented.
Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover's Macro Creator - Automation Tool (Recorder & Script Writer)

Return to “Pulovers Macro Creator”