vcruntime error Topic is solved

Post AHK_H specific scripts & libraries and discuss the usage and development of HotKeyIt's fork/branch
joekingcool

vcruntime error

Post by joekingcool » 04 Jan 2021, 22:24

if we use the encryption for the the autohotkey_H does the user of the exe need vcruntime installed on there pc? if so is there a portable way of putting the runtime with the exe like a folder next to it and point the program to it?

joekingcool

Re: vcruntime error  Topic is solved

Post by joekingcool » 05 Jan 2021, 00:41

i solved the issue, i added the vcruntime140.dll driver to same folder as the exe. and it works fine dont need c++ redist installed on pc

kyuuuri

Re: vcruntime error

Post by kyuuuri » 08 Jan 2021, 03:40

Hello, if I recall correctly AHK will search the script's dir for the dll and then windows. If you share the dll on the same folder as the exe then the user won't need to download anything extra.
Another alternative is to make the user download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 or as everyone calls it vcredist2015. It's a 10mb installer that you download from Microsoft's website and takes less than a minute to install. Super easy, no need to configure stuff, download -> open -> click continue and done!

Also you can compile the source code using /MT making the dll be included with the .exe, this means that the dll will be loaded from the .exe itself.

Return to “AutoHotkey_H”