how to update, author, version number, process name in task manager

Ask for help, how to use AHK_H, etc.
joekingcool

how to update, author, version number, process name in task manager

Post by joekingcool » 27 Dec 2020, 17:10

after i did my build in visual studio, my app shows autohotkey as the process name , with my app as the sub process. also the title and version number are from hotkey as well. i seen some ahk scripts in the lib but not sure how to use. can someone point me in the right direction?

joekingcool

Re: how to update, author, version number, process name in task manager

Post by joekingcool » 27 Dec 2020, 19:46

; @Ahk2Exe-Bin Unicode 32* ; Commented out
;@Ahk2Exe-SetName Toolbox.exe
;@Ahk2Exe-SetDescription PC Tools
;@Ahk2Exe-SetCopyright Copyright
;@Ahk2Exe-SetCompanyName Self
;@Ahk2Exe-SetOrigFilename PcToolbox.ahk
;@Ahk2Exe-SetMainIcon PcToolbox.ico
ive tried changing those fields. with and without the ; . no matter what i do it wont run or compile.

also whats the difference in compiling with the bin vs the autohotkey ? if build a 32wMT both ways, the bin version is smaller and shows the process correctly in taskmanager . but if i use the autohotkey version of 32wMT it shows autohotkey_H as the main process then my program as the sub process, also the file is bigger. i assume its not doing anything in the bin version, no encryption or compression. :headwall:

HotKeyIt

Re: how to update, author, version number, process name in task manager

Post by HotKeyIt » 28 Dec 2020, 05:12

Did you use the latest version?
Just tried it and it is working as expected:
image.png
image.png (14.81 KiB) Viewed 2013 times
EDIT:
Using AutoHotkeySC.bin produces a smaller exe and does less error checking since it was done when compiling.
Using AutoHotkey.exe allows to execute code dynamically (addScript/addFile and ahkExec) and you can run other AutoHotkey files using /E command line switch.

Return to “Ask for Help”