Screensaver interferes with AutoHotkey

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
aegnyc

Screensaver interferes with AutoHotkey

Post by aegnyc » 25 May 2022, 14:51

Greetings,

And old problem I have been trying to solve for many months. Am using a company issued laptop with a mandatory/pre-installed screen saver. When / if the screen saver starts autohotkey no longer responds to hotkeys. I need to re-run AHK. However, AHK says it is already running, but I tell it to replace the old instance. I would rather the screen saver not interfere with AHK's operation. Any one run across this before?

Thanks,
AEG

boiler

Re: Screensaver interferes with AutoHotkey

Post by boiler » 25 May 2022, 15:15

It doesn't make sense to me why your hotkeys no longer work and would require restarting the script once you unlock your desktop after the screensaver has kicked in. It sounds like you're restarting your script, by the way, not AutoHotkey itself.

Try a simple script with just a hotkey that shows a MsgBox and see if that works before and after the screensaver. If it does, that would suggest other details about your script are causing it not to work afterwards.

One workaround that is up to you if you would want to implement it is a "keep-alive" script that moves the mouse after a few minutes of inactivity to keep the screensaver from engaging.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”