Find and Rename File

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Semisigh

Find and Rename File

Post by Semisigh » 29 Jun 2022, 15:29

Hi, I am completely new to AutoHotkey and hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm looking to make a script that would either search for the newest file or look in a specific place for the most-recently saved file, prompt the user for an input, and rename the file accordingly.

Or... look for the file as described above and make or move the file to pre-made folders based on user input.

Specifically, we are looking at using OBS to trigger/stop video records and want to be able to use a script to rename or move the newest file according to whatever number we type in after triggering the script.

I've been reading trough the tutorial information and it seems like the ability to do something along these lines is in there but I'm currently lacking the experience to find the exact tools I would need. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

flyingDman

Re: Find and Rename File

Post by flyingDman » 29 Jun 2022, 16:05

Watchfolder() will detect new files in a specified folder and take some specific action if a new file is detected. See here: viewtopic.php?t=8384
14.3 & 1.3.7

David4

Re: Find and Rename File

Post by David4 » 30 Jun 2022, 13:50

Semisigh wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 15:29
I've been reading trough the tutorial information and it seems like the ability to do something along these lines is in there but I'm currently lacking the experience to find the exact tools I would need. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Start at "Loop, FilePattern" in the docu, look at the examples. Use "A_LoopFileTimeModified", Look at "Sort" and "FileMove".

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”