Quickbooks: Script issue

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Pieman16

Quickbooks: Script issue

Post by Pieman16 » 06 Aug 2022, 17:31

Hello,

I need some help. My script is for QUICKBOOKS online. When I run it their website doesn’t always catch ahk typing stuff in. So it gets confused. For instance say ahk needs to type in the first cell September 2022. It does that but sometimes QUICKBOOKS doesn’t catch it and says that isn’t on my list when it is. Then if you type it again it finds it. So my question is is there a way to tell ahk that if it types September and the info in the second box doesn’t show then delete September and try again?

mikeyww

Re: Quickbooks: Script issue

Post by mikeyww » 07 Aug 2022, 09:47

Welcome to this AutoHotkey forum!

You might need to experiment with this. I have seen a couple of Web sites that will not register (recognize) auto-typing until the user manually presses a key, such as Tab. I have one site where I have to press Backspace and then another key. You could try sending a whitespace character like that, followed by a Backspace if needed, to see if it helps. Another idea is to send a Space following your text string. You would then press Backspace yourself before proceeding. You could also try SendInput instead of SendEvent, though that might have no effect on this issue.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”