Ty for your input!

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
KLC2022

Ty for your input!

Post by KLC2022 » 13 Aug 2022, 10:56

Hey there, I'm wanting to make sure this is even doable in AHK and I'm not sure where to even start. I do a lot of copy and paste work which drives me nuts, and I'm trying to automate it if possible. The only thing is the copying and pasting is done through so many different websites and programs (asana, work portal, excel...) and I'm not sure how that would happen. For example, how could I tell ahk to copy in a certain place in asana? I'm basically copying names, searching for them in an excel doc and a work portal. Then opening a link within that asana task to check if a picture is blurry or too small. This all sounds super complex, and I'm thinking AHK may not be able to do that, or my very little coding isn't enough to come up with a script that can pull this off. Am I in over my head? Thanks so much for your honesty, appreciate all the help!

AHK_user

Re: Ty for your input!

Post by AHK_user » 13 Aug 2022, 11:36

I am not familiar with asana, but copy and pasting is just a matter of first focus the correct control, send Ctrl+c, change your focus and send Ctrl+p.
focusing can be done with sending clicks, controlfocus or sending tabs and arrows to a window.

It is certainly possible.

Within Excel you have superior techniques that you can connect to the program directly with com, without the need to simulate a user.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”