Slider duplication?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Ryder

Slider duplication?

Post by Ryder » 17 Aug 2022, 11:27

Hi all,

I have an application that seems to be using a slider control (I am assuming) to help navigate a window to a much larger image, as such:
EZInterface.png
EZInterface.png (211.87 KiB) Viewed 260 times
The purple region contains an unreadable view of the entire document, the yellow box is a "portal" that can be dragged up and down to work like a magnifier (shown full size in the blurred image to the right). The control only responds to Y-axis mouse movement, like a true vertical slider.

I would like to:

#1 - Find out if the navigator control (purple box) is indeed a true Windows slider control.
( Note: Windows Spy says it is an "ElSCP", which I have found no information on what that is. [E + lowercase L + SCP] <-this messed me up
However I believe it is a custom class made by the developer of the application)

#2 - Control it using a mouse drag operation done over a GUI Button region.

In the event that it is NOT a slider control, I still need to get this to work.

Is it the case that AHK can NOT detect a mouse drag, and at the same time create a second drag event? (for windows, it would be like having two mice working at the same time, which might not be possible at all).

I'm hoping to get some help with these two issues!

Thank you for your kind efforts.

R

Ryder

Re: Slider duplication?

Post by Ryder » 17 Aug 2022, 15:32

Solved it...

Code: Select all

~LButton::
MouseGetPos, MouseX, MouseY, MouseWin, MouseCtl, 2
If (MouseCtl = hScrolla) {
	while GetKeyState("LButton","P")
	{
		MouseGetPos, MouseX, MouseY, MouseWin, MouseCtl, 2
		ControlClick, x%MouseX% y%MouseY%, %MainTitle%, , Left
		Sleep 5
	}
}
Return
In this case, as the slider works by clicking (as well as dragging to) a position, I simply send the clicks to the same X/Y (though I could obviously add an offset)... it works perfectly in this application.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”