Disable Tilde withou Disabling the Accent Symbol

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Smorgydorg

Disable Tilde withou Disabling the Accent Symbol

Post by Smorgydorg » 24 Sep 2022, 00:50

The script was done years ago and it was driving me nuts when I couldn't use the accent key. I accidentally temporarily fixed that issue, not knowing AHK was the issue, by disabling hotkeys.
My current script text, which someone kindly made for me:

Code: Select all

<!Tab::
return 
<!NumpadEnter::return
`::1
~CapsLock Up::SetCapsLockState, Off

As you see, for some reason it has the accent key, not the tilde key, redirected. But I couldn't use the tilde key either until I disabled hotkeys. In fact, when I restored my keyboard defaults I could use the accent key, but if I then used the shift key to type the tilde the physical key would only type 1s whether or not I pressed shift and it just stayed that way. While I don't want the tilde to work unless I use shift, I do want the accent key to work regardless. So I would like to know what should be changed in this script. Thanks!

Rohwedder

Re: Disable Tilde withou Disabling the Accent Symbol

Post by Rohwedder » 24 Sep 2022, 03:39

Hallo,
just delete line

`::1

Smorgydorg

Post by Smorgydorg » 26 Sep 2022, 10:05

But what to do if I want to disable the tilde NOT the accent part of that key?

Rohwedder

Post by Rohwedder » 27 Sep 2022, 02:48

Hallo,
here, German keyboard layout, works:

:*?x:~::Return
Since my driver for the English keyboard layout is faulty regarding the key VK_OEM_3(~ `), (I get the characters from the German keyboard layout ^ °), unfortunately I can not test it with it.

Smorgydorg

Post by Smorgydorg » 01 Oct 2022, 05:51

Seems like drivers are always faulty with Windows 10 and such. XD I love AHK, I just don't know what I am doing. Come to think of it, the tilde key was only a problem with EA/Origin games like Battlefield, which used the horribly implemented Punkbuster which always detected any AHK or ANY key disabler for that matter as cheating or something. I have no plans to ever play BF again for the rest of my life, so probably this issue is kind of moot.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”