How to display my current functions or shortcuts? Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
flacito

How to display my current functions or shortcuts?

Post by flacito » 07 Oct 2022, 06:38

I have an ever expanding script for repeating repetitive tasks. Problem is I keep forgetting what shortcut is mapped to what function.
Is it possible that I click a hotkey, so that a big tooltip splashes on my screen showing each mapped shortcut with a short description?

I am not an expert, and still learning everyday. Only using very basic functions.

For instance I have:

Code: Select all

#If WinActive("ahk_exe FoxitPhantomPDF.exe")

!1:: ; input problematiek/verwatering
SendInput, {x}
Sleep, 200
MouseClick, L, px, py
Sleep, 500
SendInput, problematiek/verwatering
SendInput, {esc}
return

!2:: ; input afbakening/limitatie
SendInput, {x}
Sleep, 200
MouseClick, L, px, py
Sleep, 500
SendInput, afbakening/limitatie
SendInput, {esc}
return

!f1:: ; input  relevantie/strafrecht
MouseGetPos, px, py
SendInput, {x}
Sleep, 200
MouseClick, L, px, py
Sleep, 500
SendInput, relevantie/strafrecht
SendInput, {esc}
return

#If

How can I let the tooltip display only the part of "!f1:: ; input relevantie/strafrecht"?

mikeyww

Re: How to display my current functions or shortcuts?

Post by mikeyww » 07 Oct 2022, 08:38

Yes, there are perhaps oodles of scripts already posted that do exactly that. You may have a forum search for hotkey help and similar topics.

flacito

Post by flacito » 07 Oct 2022, 13:15

mikeyww wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 08:38
Yes, there are perhaps oodles of scripts already posted that do exactly that. You may have a forum search for hotkey help and similar topics.

I figured as much but couldn't find it. I find your 'forum search' suggestion rather discourteous, of course I did a forum search before starting this post. If you reply to me anyway, I don't understand why you may not at least be conducive and point me towards the right direction. :|

mikeyww

Re: How to display my current functions or shortcuts?  Topic is solved

Post by mikeyww » 07 Oct 2022, 13:40

I didn't intend to offend, was simply unsure if you knew that such scripts already existed. If you'd like me to search this forum for them, I will. Your initial post mentions nothing of your knowledge of such scripts, or your search for them. You believe that the reader should always assume, "of course I did a forum search"?

My forum search for "hotkey help" that I mentioned:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=96

Lepes

Post by Lepes » 07 Oct 2022, 16:23

flacito wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 06:38
I have an ever expanding script for repeating repetitive tasks. Problem is I keep forgetting what shortcut is mapped to what function.
That's what happen with hotkeys. Not to mention when you go on holidays and came back, you forgot everything. It happens to me on Blender3D too.
"hotkey help" is useful but it doesn't take care of the same hotkey on different programs ( I mean #ifWinActive directive). Maybe easy to add it, not sure.

I suggest "Radial Menu" viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12078
It works extremely well for both things (what you use everyday and those you rarely use). It's powerfull and very well documented on text files.

flacito

Post by flacito » 08 Oct 2022, 07:21

mikeyww wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 13:40
I didn't intend to offend, was simply unsure if you knew that such scripts already existed. If you'd like me to search this forum for them, I will. Your initial post mentions nothing of your knowledge of such scripts, or your search for them. You believe that the reader should always assume, "of course I did a forum search"?

My forum search for "hotkey help" that I mentioned:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=96
Thanks for that link, Mikey! That's very nice and quite what I was looking for. My previous search terms included words like "tooltip" and "show commands", both of which gave me more than 80k results thus making it rather hard to filter what I needed. Also, no hard feelings at all and no offense taken

flacito

Post by flacito » 08 Oct 2022, 07:30

Lepes wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 16:23
flacito wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 06:38
That's what happen with hotkeys. Not to mention when you go on holidays and came back, you forgot everything. It happens to me on Blender3D too.
"hotkey help" is useful but it doesn't take care of the same hotkey on different programs ( I mean #ifWinActive directive). Maybe easy to add it, not sure.

I suggest "Radial Menu" viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12078
It works extremely well for both things (what you use everyday and those you rarely use). It's powerfull and very well documented on text files.
Thanks, Lepes. I already downloaded that script too and started playing with it. Looks comprehensive! I'll definitely give it a go once I have the time :superhappy:

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”