Using <v as trigger captures all 'v' keystrokes, even if LWin is not pressed Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
1337ingDisorder

Using <v as trigger captures all 'v' keystrokes, even if LWin is not pressed

Post by 1337ingDisorder » 25 Nov 2022, 13:03

I'm trying to remap the key combination LWin+V to instead fire the combination CTRL+ALT+P

I think I've gleaned from the documentation that the following script should accomplish that:

Code: Select all

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
<v::^!p
The good news is that it works! When the script is running, if I hold the left Windows Key and press the letter 'v', the keyboard shortcut CTRL+ALT+P is executed. Bullseye!

The bad news: When the script is running, if I press the letter 'v' while the left Windows Key is NOT pressed, nothing happens at all. No 'v' key is typed in, for example, a text editor window, where a 'v' should normally appear when typed.

What am I doing wrong? What do I need to put into the script in order to get the desired functionality while still being able to type unmodified 'v' characters and generally use the 'v' key?

mikeyww

Re: Using <v as trigger captures all 'v' keystrokes, even if LWin is not pressed  Topic is solved

Post by mikeyww » 25 Nov 2022, 13:47

Welcome to this AutoHotkey forum!

#v::Send ^!p
Check your :arrow: KeyHistory

Explained: Win

1337ingDisorder

Re: Using <v as trigger captures all 'v' keystrokes, even if LWin is not pressed

Post by 1337ingDisorder » 25 Nov 2022, 14:27

mikeyww wrote:
25 Nov 2022, 13:47

#v::Send ^!p
That works perfectly, thanks!

lexikos

Re: Using <v as trigger captures all 'v' keystrokes, even if LWin is not pressed

Post by lexikos » 25 Nov 2022, 23:03

That would be for both Windows keys, not just the left one.

< only specifies "the left one", not "the left Win key". It needs to be followed by one of # ^ ! + to have any effect. <# is LWin and <+ is LShift.

1337ingDisorder

Post by 1337ingDisorder » 26 Nov 2022, 12:17

lexikos wrote:
25 Nov 2022, 23:03
< only specifies "the left one", not "the left Win key". It needs to be followed by one of # ^ ! + to have any effect. <# is LWin and <+ is LShift.
Ahhhhh thanks for that clarification!

When I saw <# in the docs I assumed the # was a placeholder for whatever the LWin key was modifying. Like <1 would be LWin+1, <2 would be LWin+2, etc.

I guess Sigmund Jung really was right when he said, "Sometimes a pound sign is just a pound sign."

Tx again :)

mikeyww

Post by mikeyww » 26 Nov 2022, 12:22

Wrong again! A pound sign is a Win key! :D

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”