I need help with an UCR Script

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
derei

I need help with an UCR Script

Post by derei » 26 Nov 2022, 10:07

Hi All,

First, I am completely aware this is not the UCR subforum and there is a very strong reason why I didn't write there: it seems dead, and the last posts didn't seem to get an answer to their questions.
Secondly, I am also aware the AHK version of UCR is not being developed any longer, but as this is mainly an AHK question, I hope it will be answered here.

So, I was developing an extension for UCR that would allow me to use a modifier key to shift functionality of axes or buttons (some sort of alternate function for the same control), but as it turns out, if I create multiple instances of the same extension (for different axes), I can't use the same modifier key for all instances. So, instead I made one big interface that has all 6 axes... now, that's manageable, but then I realised there are also 14 buttons that would like to add, so they would be able to have dual functionality. This is getting out of hand.

I'm not quite experienced in programming languages, but what I'm assuming is happening here is scope isolation with every instance of the extension, and I don't know if AHK has anything like a Singleton implementation, or how I could implement a global functionality that applies to all extension instances.

Screenshot of the interface so far (is functional, but you can imagine how big it would get once I'd add 14 more inputs to it):
UCR_AxisAndModToBtn.png
UCR_AxisAndModToBtn.png (74.33 KiB) Viewed 174 times

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”