switch keyboard layout on power event (win 11)

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
mangoman

switch keyboard layout on power event (win 11)

Post by mangoman » 01 Dec 2022, 12:38

Hi there,

I run a German keyboard layout on an English keyboard whereby my primary layout must be English so the system language and Microsoft and browser language settings remain English. However, I type using the German layout. Currently, after every power event (i.e. the computer rebooting, waking up from hibernation or after restart or even after pressing ctrl alt del) select the English layout and I have to use the shortcut win + space to switch to the German layout.

I'd like a scrip that a few seconds after the power event automatically executes the win + space shortcut.

I wouldn't want a script that constantly checks for the state of the keyboard as sometimes I may have to switch keyboard layouts so that wont be helpful.

Looking forward to your help!

mangoman

Re: switch keyboard layout on power event (win 11)

Post by mangoman » 01 Dec 2022, 12:46

Sorry forgot to mention, its on a lenovo thinpad running win 11.

mikeyww

Post by mikeyww » 01 Dec 2022, 15:21

You might want to see whether your events fit selections available in the Windows Task Scheduler. From there, you can select triggers such as unlocking the computer, connecting to a network, logging in, etc. You could then use Task Scheduler to run your script.

mangoman

Post by mangoman » 02 Dec 2022, 04:18

Hi Mike, thank you for your response. I'll read up on it and give it a try. Thanks a lot!

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”