EZViz defeats AHK actions

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
pwright2

EZViz defeats AHK actions

Post by pwright2 » 01 Dec 2022, 17:36

Here is my environment:
Windows 10 Pro 22H2 64 bit, AutoHotkey Unicode 32 bit 1.1.34.3, EZViz Studio Client 2.14.4.2282

I'm trying to automate a process inside EZViz Studio, which is a program for displaying video from EZViz brand surveillance cameras plus manipulating some of the capabilities of the cameras.

For this process, it does not respond to keyboard commands, so I need to generate a series of mousemoves and mouse clicks.

My present script is this:

Code: Select all

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
#SingleInstance Force
CoordMode, Mouse, Window
Browser_Home::
mousemove 132, 681, 5
WinActivate, ahk_class SciTEWindow
Click, Right
mousemove 202, 839, 5
Mouseclick, Left
mousemove 17, 935, 5
Mouseclick, Left
mousemove 161, 930, 5
Mouseclick, Left
mousemove 625, 960, 5
Mouseclick, Left
return
[Mod edit: [code][/code] tags added.]

It almost works. If EZViz is not visible on screen, the cursor moves as expected.

I originally tried to run this with EZViz in fullscreen mode. Pressing the button produced nothing. I tried a number of different buttons. None worked. After a lot of thrashing I discovered that having EZViz in full screen killed the AHK hotkey. With EZViz minimized the button would work fine, multiple times. Restore EZViz to fullscreen and then minimize it again. The button no longer works.

OK, I try to work with EZViz at a reduced size. Changes all the coordinates, of course.

I tried approximating fullscreen by stretching. Nope, at some point it kills the button again.

OK, reduced size screen. Not touching either top or bottom. EZViz visible. Press button and cursor moves. Other than that, nothing happens.

I reduce the script to simply move to the first position and right click. It moves but nothing happens. I originally used mouseclick, right. I changed to click, right. No change. I added WinActivate. No change.

Once AHK has moved the cursor to the spot, if I hit the right click button, the menu opens properly. But it does not open under AHK control.

Can anyone suggest a way to make this work?

-----Paul------

adrian88888888

Re: EZViz defeats AHK actions

Post by adrian88888888 » 01 Dec 2022, 22:32

Confusing info, redundant info

In this situations I would posted a gif of the problem in action to give context easier because its hard to understand, I use ShareX to do gifs on the screen

All I understand is that inside a program you can't click, mousemove or send, and that in full screen does not work(summarize your info)

Can you do that in other programs?

Are you 100% sure it has to do with full screen? and in other programs in full screen?

maybe your coord mode should be "Screen"? like

Code: Select all

CoordMode, Mouse, Screen

pwright2

Post by pwright2 » 02 Dec 2022, 00:18

I am sorry this is confusing. I tried to describe it asbestos I could. I don't see how video would help. It mostly consists of something not happening.

But I thought your query whether I could do it in other programs was useful. So I tried it in LibreOffice. Had to adjust mouse coordinates, of course. Works fine.

So, two related but different issues related to EZViz.

1) When EZViz is running full screen, it kills the assigned hotkey. Not necessarily the script but the hotkey no longer triggers it. Don't have to call the hotkey. Simply opening the EZViz fullscreen and then closing it kills the hotkey.

2) When EZViz is running partial screen, the hotkey is active. It will move to the appropriate position relative to the window. It will stop on the clickbox. But nothing ever happens. The mouseclick, right never occurs (or, at least, it does not cause the menu to open). If I rightclick manually at that time, the menu does open.

So, once again, something in the EZViz program seems to interfere with AHK commands. Is there a way that I can overcome this?

Thank you for your interest.

-----Paul-----

pwright2

Post by pwright2 » 04 Dec 2022, 21:37

I've never felt 'Bump' was a reasonable tactic but I really would like some guidance. Can anyone suggest a test or technique to further define the problem? Or can you suggest something other than AHK that might drive and click the cursor in an adverse environment?

-----Paul------

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”