Clicking Links for Data Entry - Was using iMacros to do this

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Weltall900

Clicking Links for Data Entry - Was using iMacros to do this

Post by Weltall900 » 02 Dec 2022, 11:24

Hello,

I was using iMacros to do this, but now imacros software has been discontinued. I have a list of items on a website I need to click, but I only have the javascript link data (I think that's what it's called), not the actual text of the item to be clicked on. So for example, the text on the link would say "John Smith" and when you hover the mouse over the hyperlink text "John Smith" you'll see the url data in the browser info bar, it says something like "javascript user id=2305302"

So for example, "John Smith" ID is that number in there. I was using imacros to click these links using a command in imacros like:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:Link_2305302

How do I do this in AutoHotkey? Or perhaps there's a better program for what I'm trying to do?

Here's a video of what I'm trying to do:
https://home.mycloud.com/action/share/cba3e9ff-797d-4214-9b6d-de1d5ba4cf78

swagfag

Re: Clicking Links for Data Entry - Was using iMacros to do this

Post by swagfag » 02 Dec 2022, 18:58

u could probably do it by typing some JS into the address bar:
  • process this list of IDs (that ure pasting into ur excel) with ahk
  • craft the JS code thats gonna perform the operation, shoving the IDs inside it
  • "manually" (read: with ahk) type javascript: into the address bar, so as to avoid the browser disregarding/erasing the input(this is a browser security measure)
  • paste the rest of the JS code and Enter
ull have to write ur own selector/means of identifying what element a person's names are, since no one knows what ur page's DOM actually looks like. probly something along the lines of:

Code: Select all

javascript: var IDs = [1234, 56789, more IDs from ahk......]; Array.from(document.querySelectorAll('a')).filter(a => IDs.some(id => a.href.includes(id))).forEach(a => a.click());

macnow

Post by macnow » 04 Dec 2022, 06:48

> ...Or perhaps there's a better program for what I'm trying to do?

for browser automation I use UI.Vision as imacros alternative. It is a browser extension like iMacros, but like AHK it is open source. In their forum they also offer help with the transition. The overall concept is pretty much the same. E. g. here:

https://forum.ui.vision/t/uiv-as-imacros-alternative-can-ui-vision-rpa-run-as-fast-as-imacros-8-9-7/6338

NBPEL

Post by NBPEL » 04 Dec 2022, 07:10

I think you may want to try Selenium/Geckodriver, and try to integrate with Autohotkey eventhough you may want to consider Python if you want to use above alternatives.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”