Discord DM's Delete Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
petrichor

Discord DM's Delete

Post by petrichor » 02 Dec 2022, 15:10

Okay, so I've been helping a friend out who is not particularly tech savvy in regards to script, and I myself and not the smoothest operator by any stretch. I've been helping them mass-delete dms from their discord, and am posting on their behalf to maintain their anonymity. So after making my script, I found This Topic from 3 years ago but my script didn't match what that says and it's honestly intimidating to attempt that version of it without more knowledge. Mine is below, which admittedly I pilfered from some basic how-to videos.

What I was able to come up with is

Code: Select all

^j::

Loop, 10000
{
    send, {Up}
    send, ^a
    send, {BS}
    send, {Enter}
    send, {Enter}
    sleep, 1000
}
Return
Esc::ExitApp
Which, until recently, worked pretty well. Ctrl+J to start, and ESC to hard kill. But recently, the line for ^a no longer functions properly. We haven't figured out if it's Discord changing rate limit, so it's just editing, or if the ^a command is actually having some other issue. It worked when last tested until the most recent Discord update on desktop, which is when it ceased deleting and started only editing. My vote is rate limit but I don't know enough to sit here and troubleshoot it all day for them, hence why I'm here.

I'd love to figure out if something has changed or if it's just Discord rate limits being funky. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Xtra

Re: Discord DM's Delete  Topic is solved

Post by Xtra » 02 Dec 2022, 17:24

You can try using:

Send, {Ctrl Down}a{Ctrl Up}
You can also try this at the top of your script:

SetKeyDelay, 50, 50

petrichor

Re: Discord DM's Delete

Post by petrichor » 02 Dec 2022, 19:09

Xtra wrote:
02 Dec 2022, 17:24
You can try using:

Send, {Ctrl Down}a{Ctrl Up}
You can also try this at the top of your script:

SetKeyDelay, 50, 50
The key delay seems to have fixed it, which lends me to believe that it is actually just discord api being weird after an update. Thank you kindly

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”