Discord Voice Channel Automation

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
cyberalby

Discord Voice Channel Automation

Post by cyberalby » 09 Dec 2022, 06:23

Hello guys. I'm new to AHK, therefore i need your help with this automation i've in mind.
What i want basically is a way to automatically connect to a specific voice channel no matter window i'm in . Basically i want to be able to switch channel while i'm playing because alt tabbing makes my game laggy and sometimes causes crashes.
Since Discord is what it is , i found a way around.
I want basically to code a script that once launced, no matter what window is focused, on background, it opens up the quick switcher ( by simulating CTRL + K discord's hotkey ) , write a specific link ( which is basically discord.com/SERVERID/CHANNELID ) and then simulates a mouse click on a specific point of the screen ( since the connect button is always at the same position ) .
I can keep Discord's App opened but not focused , don't have to keep it in background, even if it'd be better
Since my low expertise of AHK's scripts, which is now limited to download and run already written scripts, i'm starting to do my research on how to do that. I'll post here any updates, and , hopefully, i can release it as full-working script ( just need to edit serverid and channel id ) and can be potentially useful to a lot of people.
I will appreciate a hint on where to start, since i'm completely lost in the dark. Thank you :)

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”