How to collect whatsapp messages that arrive from a certain contact without opening and reading it?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Raghava Doregowda

How to collect whatsapp messages that arrive from a certain contact without opening and reading it?

Post by Raghava Doregowda » 31 Jan 2023, 11:10

I know this is a cheeky question, but I have to deal with some advertisers who text non stop promoting their products on whatsapp (these are usually new contacts). Initially, instead of blocking them, I would like if a script in autohotkey checks for the message without opening it and just like that collect it and store it in a notepad document so that I can know what was the sequence of unread chats that were sent without opening the chat and it being marked as a blue tick for the receivers. This also would fix the problem of someone deleting their messages(for everyone) so that AHK could detect the message before being permanently deleted.
One way I found is to use tooltips to find the expanded text by focusing the mouse cursor on the chat tab so that without actually clicking on the contact to open and read the full message, the tooltip's text which contains the message could be immediately stored in a variable and then printed out in a notepad file. The problem I'm facing however is that- when the mouse cursor focusses on the chat and after some standard amount of time the tooltip appears once it detects the mouse is stationary or something, if the person at the other end begins the typing and hence sending process, the ability to collect the message is lost unless I open the chat. Basically it is only possible to collect the "last sent" message. Is there anyway to work this out? And also can this work in the background while I'm focused on other work?

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”