Add hook/call-back to get GUI's current window position

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
likethevegetable

Add hook/call-back to get GUI's current window position

Post by likethevegetable » 31 Jan 2023, 16:39

This post for a fixed-in-place magnifier was very useful for me: https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=29270

The script currently has the position of the area to be magnified hard-coded. I would like to dynamically update this to be in the center of the GUI's window whenever it is re-sized or repositioned, kind of like how a magnifying glass is used in reality.

DuckingQuack

Re: Add hook/call-back to get GUI's current window position

Post by DuckingQuack » 02 Feb 2023, 20:22

Soooo... after playing around with the way the magnifying area works (further referred to as Zoom) and the gui that displays the magnified area (further referred to as Display) I have come to a simple conclusion: not with that script.

Now, the problem is that the display gets in the way of the zoom and ends up on the display itself. So if you were to permanently place the display and zoom on top of each other, what you get is a blank screen. So a new script or dll would have to be made that allows the zoom to ignore the presence of the display and only report what is below the display and not include the display. Such machinations are far beyond my expertise and thusly, I wish you great luck in fulfilling your ambitions.
Best of Luck,
The Duck

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”