Defeating bot detection?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
PepeLapiu

Defeating bot detection?

Post by PepeLapiu » 02 Feb 2023, 15:53

Hey guys.
My script is designed to do a few things. One of the things it does is log on to a crypto exchange at specific times and buy a specific amount of bitcoin. It worked flawlessly for about two weeks. Than the site wouldn't let the bot log in anymore.

When I asked the site tech, they explained that their web hosting platform likely detected that I was using automation. They stressed out that they don't have a problem with me doing it, that it's just how the web host works.
I am one of their biggest customers with a very large trading volume on a relatively small exchange. And they reiterated they don't care how I log on, with or without automation. But that there is nothing they could do.

They suggested I use their API instead, which I am looking into doing.....if I can just find out where I can learn this stuff. Pretty tall order since I don't even know what an API eats during mating season.

Never the less. For now what I intend to try is to put random timed pauses between clicks and mouse moves. I hope to fool the algo into no longer detecting the automation by faking a human input.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Will merely sparkling random sleeps on the script work? Or is there something else I can do?

boiler

Re: Defeating bot detection?

Post by boiler » 02 Feb 2023, 18:35

Even if your site administrators allowed you to automate it, we don't entertain requests for helping to defeat bot detection on this site. Locking the thread.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”