force Hotstring to type text that triggered it (case sensitive) Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
pcg

force Hotstring to type text that triggered it (case sensitive)

Post by pcg » 08 Feb 2023, 00:42

Hello everybody!

I'm working on script that shows in transparent clicktrhough mode on my screen the key from keyboard\mouse that i'm pressing, for my videos/livestreams.
I am already done with that, but now i have a problem, when i'm typing my passwords, it shows my keys on livestream f.e.

I tried to make a hotstring that stops my subroutine for main logic when i start typing my password, and succeded.
But i bumped into another problem.
When i'm starting to type my password it triggers Hotstring and deletes my input, and i need for text to not be deleted but just to stop my subroutines, so i can continue typing my password.

f.e.:
if i type "MyPaSsW" it will trigger hotstring and stop showing my keys on screen, but it will delete all my input and swap it with "mypassw" instead of "MyPaSsW" but i need the original version of my input.
Here is my code:

Code: Select all

:?*:mypassw::										; type "mypassw" case or no case sensitive to trigger Hotstring
mainLogicStop()
return

mainLogicStop()
{
	Global
	StringTrimLeft, printMyBlockedText, % a:=A_ThisHotkey, 4		; i tried to get around with those 2 lines but it is not case-sensitive
	SendInput, % printMyBlockedText						; i tried to get around with those 2 lines but it is not case-sensitive
	Suspend, Toggle
	SetTimer, mainLogic, off
	Sleep 5000										; here i actually have Tooltip Loop with backward countdown, but for your convinience i swapped it with Sleep
	Suspend, Toggle
	SetTimer, mainLogic, 1
}

boiler

Re: force Hotstring to type text that triggered it (case sensitive)  Topic is solved

Post by boiler » 08 Feb 2023, 02:00

How about the B0 hotstring option?

pcg

Re: force Hotstring to type text that triggered it (case sensitive)

Post by pcg » 08 Feb 2023, 02:14

boiler wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 02:00
How about the B0 hotstring option?
Hmmm, I can swear that i tried it, because i read whole Hostring documentation page and tried almost every option that i thought is suitable to my case. Now that i read it again, it actually seems as legit solution. I will definetely try it when i reach my pc, thank you !

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”