Why does my Autohotkey cause key stuttering and chatter

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
RichardG

Why does my Autohotkey cause key stuttering and chatter

Post by RichardG » 20 Mar 2023, 08:14

Hi Everyone

I am having a strange problem with Autohotkey.

I mapped one function key to do copy, and one function key to do paste.

And now I'm having a huge problem. This happens for different keyboards and different usb ports and different usb cables, so I don't know what is wrong.

sometimes when I hit the function keys mapped to do copy or paste, I will get nonstop ccccccccccccccc or vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv repeated until I hit another key (any key) which will stop that endless repetitive action.

I have tried both of these code blocks below, and both still get the nonstop stuttering. It isn't guaranteed to happen, but happens very often. EG when I copied code block one below and pasted it for this forum post, nothing bad happened.
When I copied code block two below, the minute I hit the f10 key, it instantly deleted the highlighted code block and pumped out an endless number of ccccccccccccccccc.

So you can see that somehow, the f10 key had sent lots of c instead of doing control-c. Moreover this happens sporadically. Sometimes I can copy or paste 5 times in a row without triggering the nonstop key chatter.

I haven't remapped my two control keys, or mapped any other keys to LCTRL or RCTRL.

I've used different keyboards to no avail.

Code Block One

Code: Select all

f8::
Send ^{z}
Return

f9::
Send ^{x}
Return

f10::
Send ^{c}
Return

f11::
Send ^{v}
Return
OR

Code Block Two

f8::^z
f9::^x
f11::^c
f12::^v
Last edited by gregster on 20 Mar 2023, 09:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic to AHK v1 help, since question doesn't seem to be AHK_H-related.

mikeyww

Re: Why does my Autohotkey cause key stuttering and chatter

Post by mikeyww » 20 Mar 2023, 09:11

Hello,

Try the following with no changes, no additional code, and no other scripts running.

#Requires AutoHotkey v1.1.33
F8 Up:: Send ^z
F9 Up:: Send ^x
F10 Up::Send ^c
F11 Up::Send ^v

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”