Help with putting Variables into jNizM's FTPUpload script Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
AgentZero

Help with putting Variables into jNizM's FTPUpload script

Post by AgentZero » 20 Mar 2023, 15:38

Had a look at jNizM's and it's been really useful. What I'm trying to do though is make the source filename and destination filename a variable.

Code: Select all

FTPUpload(srv, usr, pwd, lfile, rfile)
{
    static a := "AHK-FTP-UL"
    if !(m := DllCall("LoadLibrary", "str", "wininet.dll", "ptr")) || !(h := DllCall("wininet\InternetOpen", "ptr", &a, "uint", 1, "ptr", 0, "ptr", 0, "uint", 0, "ptr"))
        return 0
    if (f := DllCall("wininet\InternetConnect", "ptr", h, "ptr", &srv, "ushort", 21, "ptr", &usr, "ptr", &pwd, "uint", 1, "uint", 0x08000000, "uptr", 0, "ptr")) {
        if !(DllCall("wininet\FtpPutFile", "ptr", f, "ptr", &lfile, "ptr", &rfile, "uint", 0, "uptr", 0))
            return 0, DllCall("wininet\InternetCloseHandle", "ptr", h) && DllCall("FreeLibrary", "ptr", m)
        DllCall("wininet\InternetCloseHandle", "ptr", f)
    }
    DllCall("wininet\InternetCloseHandle", "ptr", h) && DllCall("FreeLibrary", "ptr", m)
    return 1
}

FileAppend, Hello, C:\Users\Myuser\PathToMyFile\%Variable2%.txt

FTPUpload("MyServer", "MyFTPUsername", "MyFTPPassword", "C:\Users\Myuser\PathToMyFile\%Variable2%.txt", "Test File.txt")
Variable 1 and 2 are grabbed from another part of the script. The FIleAppend part works all okay and it makes the file so I know the variable is there. And if I change the FTP part from %Variable2% to the actual content of the variable itself, it uploads.

Anyone able to point me in the direction of whatever I'm doing wrong?

mikeyww

Re: Help with putting Variables into jNizM's FTPUpload script  Topic is solved

Post by mikeyww » 20 Mar 2023, 16:37

Always use :arrow: expressions in functions.

From

"C:\Users\Myuser\PathToMyFile\%Variable2%.txt"

to

"C:\Users\Myuser\PathToMyFile\" Variable2 ".txt"

AgentZero

Re: Help with putting Variables into jNizM's FTPUpload script

Post by AgentZero » 20 Mar 2023, 17:25

mikeyww wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 16:37
Always use :arrow: expressions in functions.

From

"C:\Users\Myuser\PathToMyFile\%Variable2%.txt"

to

"C:\Users\Myuser\PathToMyFile\" Variable2 ".txt"
Thanks Mikey. This seems to have done the trick. Any reason why an expression is compulsory here but for the fileappend part?

mikeyww

Re: Help with putting Variables into jNizM's FTPUpload script

Post by mikeyww » 20 Mar 2023, 18:56

Yes. In AHK v1, commands use literal strings by default-- not expressions-- but functions always use expressions. Commands can force expressions when a parameter begins with % followed by a space.

When a command parameter is always a number, it can also accommodate an expression without %.

That's the answer. It's just how the syntax works.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”