Trying to get shortcut to put together several key strokes in lightroom, not working

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
mlipscombmtl

Trying to get shortcut to put together several key strokes in lightroom, not working

Post by mlipscombmtl » 29 May 2023, 11:11

Hi
In lightroom, if you select multiple images then right click there's an option to edit in photoshop, but there's another option that says "open as layers in photoshop." Lightroom doesn't have a key command for this, but if you hit Alt + P + E then up arrow then enter, you'll be able to get to the (P) photo menu, in (E) edit in, then use the arrow key to go to "open as layers in photoshop," then hit enter. I've downloaded autohotkey and I thought it was simple but it's not working. I set up a script to remap Alt + P + E then up arrow then enter. The "code" was
::!2::
send, !,p,e,{up arrow},{enter}

now that obvisouly didn't work, but it's the best I can do thus far reading the instructions.
Once I get this working, then I will go into midi2lr and set the custom key of Alt+2 to a mini controler, and if the shortcut is properly re-mapped then it should trigger autohotkey. What am I doing wrong?

[Mod action: Topic moved from "Ask for Help (v2)" since this is v1 code.]

boiler

Re: Trying to get shortcut to put together several key strokes in lightroom, not working

Post by boiler » 29 May 2023, 11:49

You made a hotstring, not a hotkey, so you wouldn't use the modifier keys with that. And you don't put commas between what you are sending. Also, "arrow" isn't part of the "up" key name. Try this if the Alt is only meant to be held during the P:

Code: Select all

!2::Send, !pe{Up}{Enter}
If it's supposed to be held with both the P and the E, then try this:

Code: Select all

!2::Send, !p!e{Up}{Enter}

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”