Disabling ExStyle Without User Interaction

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
HBr0wnie

Disabling ExStyle Without User Interaction

Post by HBr0wnie » 01 Jun 2023, 18:41

I been trying to figure out how disable the ExStyle WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE in a VMware Workstation window that is enabled when going in and out of full screen mode. It happens when using the dark theme. It's been regarded as a bug in the VMware forums and has been present since dark mode was available (early 2021). When exiting from full screen mode a white 3px wide border appears around the running OS and stays there until VMware Workstation is restarted. I've managed to learn how to disable the ExStyle with WinSet and or Control. With WinSet and the controls unigue ID the ExStyle can be disabled and immediately disappears. With Control I been able to disable the ExStyle but I need to maximize the window for the border to disappear. So, for a few days now I've been trolling the forum looking for an example script that could help me out but had no luck. I had hoped to find an example to get a controls unique ID via the script, use WinSet, and use an if statement in a loop to keep the border from ever appearing. This is what I have as a script...

Code: Select all

WinWait, ahk_class VMUIFrame
controlName = VMUIView1

Loop
{
    WinGet, winControls, ControlList, ahk_exe vmware.exe
    IfInString winControls, %controlName%
    {
        Control, ExStyle, -0x00000200, %controlName%
    }
    Sleep 1000
}