Block a second tab opening upon browser launch

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Evil-e

Block a second tab opening upon browser launch

Post by Evil-e » 03 Jun 2023, 07:10

GOAL: Disable an additional tab that opens to extension developer's website. Maybe loop or 5 sec. timer?
GOAL (OPTION): Block a specific web address from ability to execute a new tab

Possible limitations and relevant criteria:
AHK V1.1.30.3
Google Chrome v49.0.2623.112 (cannot be updated on my OS)
Dark Mode extension v0.1.5 (cannot be updated on my OS)
Tried every developers "Dark tab" archived extension and only one that works (tried about 30)
Win XP SP3 32b

"Dark Mode" Webpage browser extension, opens new tab LINK to developers website upon every launch and steals focus. Research has found info on how to open tabs with AHK, but not found how to block tab from being executed. Multiple search terms were tried and no success :(

Thanks for any assistance may provide :morebeard:

NOTE: I have visited the developers website and there is no file download or update file to stop this launch of website. Apparently they require me to visit their website each and every time I open browser. This issue may have been corrected on later releases of Dark Mode, but they won't work anyway :(
I have a bit of experience opening and sending commands to game console and CMD.exe... just ask :)

Evil-e

Re: Block a second tab opening upon browser launch

Post by Evil-e » 04 Jun 2023, 14:07

To all of those how have offered me assistance or simply opened one of my posts to see what I had asked, even if offered no reply... I thank you :thumbup: To those who lack a sense of humor or who's default position is that those who ask for help have done no research, so you just point to docs... no thank you :thumbdown:

I cannot speak for anyone else, but I have always asked for some guidance in the correct direction (search term, for example), as opposed to "please write a script for me". Do not misunderstand, there HAVE been times, when my research has been unsuccessful and have returned to ask for a specific portion of script, so that I may incorporate it into my AHK.exe file.

Then we have those who think too far out of the box and "project" a more complex situation than was presented. This happened a couple months back and I ended up apologizing for confusion I felt I had caused. Was only the following day, when I realized that my question was very simple and straight forward... but this person did not read my question, rather "read into" it.

As said, I appreciate the help I have received in the number of years I have had an account here. However, I no longer have tolerance for the code monkeys who refuse to lift their head out of the docs and act morally superior to those who do!

account terminated :morebeard:

PS> Seems a mod stealth edited my OP, as I had yellow highlight of important information, that was eliminated. I have modded on multiple websites since 2010 and have never edited a post without notification.
I have a bit of experience opening and sending commands to game console and CMD.exe... just ask :)

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”